X

Ideal RPM

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just my 2cents worth,,,

If your bike, any bike, cruises down the hiway at x number of rpm's then a cruising speed at any given lower speed would be that same rpm range at a lower gear ratio.

example,
    If your ride cruises down the hiway at 4000 rpm that same rpm in 5th gear runs at x mph, in 4th gear runs at x mph, in 3rd at x mph, it's up to you to figure out your numbers cuz each bike is a little different in tuning, gear ratios, etc. I've run my '03 750 kat through three sets of tires and well into my fourth set without a speedometer (sensor broke) without gettin a speeding ticket cuz i know what she's doing by what the engine is turning. 6th gear at 5000 rpm runs at 65 mph, hiway, 4th gear at 5000 runs 47 mph, major city streets, 2nd-3rd at 3000 is slow enough for residential rds. You'll need to ride enough to figure out what your bike does cuz each one is different, Just like the numbers i've used are for my '03 750 the numbers for my '02 750 are about 600 rpm's lower for the same speeds, for my '03 600 they're a little higher.
    Carpie Diem!

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      I'm normally 4-6k cruising around... closer to 4 if I'm really taking it easy.

6-8k if I'm not being overly aggressive in riding, but want to have some power.

Over 8k if I want fast response and alot of go.

Krey

Great! Thanks for the numbers to go off of Krey. Gives me a great idea or what I should be riding around when cruising the streets of Chicago
      - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

Working...
      X