X

handleing tailgaters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• handleing tailgaters

who here gets really nervous when riding, and a cage gets right on the back of you, makes me nervous as heck, whats the best solution to handle it, I slow down, hoping they go around.

I will get off the bike at a light and have a "spirited discussion." If there are no lights I tap my brake lights and if that doesn't work there's the good ol' "Back the fug off" finger.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

The best thing to do is remember to leave PLENTY room between you and the car in front of you, that way, if they have to slow down fast, you can slow down at a moderate pace and allow the moron tailgating you to slow down too.
      It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Like Sasquatch said, you don't have any control over how other drivers drive, so you just have to compensate for their stupidity and give yourself more room in front.
        '06 Katana 750

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me!

Comment

I'll turn around to make sure there's no one behind the guy tailgating me. If it's clear, I'll get on the shoulder, slam on my brakes and let him fly by.
          02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
          90 GSXR 750/1216
          96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
          87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
          sigpic

Comment

depends on my mood at the time..sometimes ill let them just pass me..other times i get a little more hot under the collar..but ditto on what sasquatch said
            sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
            k9 GSX-R 600
            GO VOLS!

Comment

About 8 months ago i had a lady actualy touch my back tire as i was going down the road as i pulled to the shoulder (To check my underware) she kept going as soon as she went by a state trooper came by and pulled her over. When I went up there he told me he was giving here a ticket for following to closely. I told him what had happened but he told me that all he could do is fill out an accedent report .I even showed him the mark on the bumper I asked him if he could arrest her for atempted murder. He told me I was over reacting.
              Ride within your limits. Not sombody elses.

sigpic
              88 GSX1100F Kat

Comment

On my last bike with my open-face helmet , I used to like hocking up a big one and spitting it straight up . When I looked in my mirror , I'd usually see the wipers going .
                Anymore , I like to ease off the gas a bit , and if they don't get the message and go around , I'll whip down a gear and take off with the new space I've created . Usually doesn't go much beyond that ....
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I've found that doing a "slalom" manuever in front, but staying in the lane while doing so causes them to back off. It must look like I'm out of control to them, because it usually works pretty dang fast. I also use the middle finger generously...or point directly back at them, and tap my brake.

Also helps to flash a badge at them. Heh.
                  ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                  チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                  Semper Fi

Comment

just moon them.

Comment

Slam on the Damn brakes!!!!! Just kidding. like the others said compensate for other idiotic drivers.
                      Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                      Current Bikes:
                      1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

I usually just turn around and point at them give a kinda WTF hand signal.
                        I use the middle finger a lot to
                        98 GSX750F
                        95 Honda VT600 vlx
                        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

The middle ones always a good choice unless your driving to work in DOwntown milwaukee at 11 at night. ud get shot!!!!
                          Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                          Current Bikes:
                          1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Please refer to this thread for your needs:

KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
                            and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.

Comment

I used to brake check them. If they hit me, I'm getting a million dollars

Comment

Working...
                              X