Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

New Motorcycle laws passed in Florida (Effictivce Oct 1 2008)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Florida blows!!!!

Ridiculous laws, overcrowded, expensive and straight roads.

Hey, but at least there is no state income tax
    2007 Honda CBR600rr
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
      It didn't get passed without protest. The original bill was much nastier and targeted only bikers, with punishments like 10 years drivers license loss for speeding over 100 mph; the laws that actually passed are equal-screw-ya's to both cagers and bikes (for example, tags can no longer be stuck in the back window of cars, even temp tags).

According to FL Statute 316.605 the plate must be parallel to the ground, not lower than 12" from the ground (most swingarms are only 10-11" from the ground on a 17" wheel), nor higher than 60" from the ground, and within 2 feet of the centerline of the vehicle. Additionally, it must be affixed in such a way that it doesn't swing or move in respect to the vehicle, and it must be installed right-side-up so it can be read left-to-right in the traditional fashion (no setting it 90 degrees off).

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet

Oh CP, did you ever get that new Rear Fender yet? If not pick up some tag mount Rear Reflectors They are going after that as well.
      Just a heads up

Comment

moving violation for your tag plus a $1,000 fine is just crazy! Florida is becoming the state to hate. I am glad I don't live over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Fyre View Post
          Oh my bad i didnt know this was already posted. I did a search and it didnt come up with anything, you can have a mod delete it if you want.
          Don't worry about posting it, I'm glad you did because I hadn't read about it before.

My thanks,

Jake

Comment

thats a big fine!
            99 Katana 600-Sold
            2007 Kawasaki ZZR 600-my new baby

Comment

In florida one time I was pulled over by a cop and told he could write me a ticket for exibition of speed simply because I turned onto an interstate ramp and was doing 70 mph before I entered the interstate and the cop car apparently could not do it. He did not write a ticket but said he could if he wanted to. I always thought you sped up and matched the speed of the interstate to merge, not get on like these idiots doing 30 mph entering the interstate. Thats the unsafe behavior they should go after.
              98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home

http://www.ghall1.com/videos/motorcy...C%20VIDEOS.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Ghall001 View Post
                In florida one time I was pulled over by a cop and told he could write me a ticket for exibition of speed simply because I turned onto an interstate ramp and was doing 70 mph before I entered the interstate and the cop car apparently could not do it. He did not write a ticket but said he could if he wanted to. I always thought you sped up and matched the speed of the interstate to merge, not get on like these idiots doing 30 mph entering the interstate. Thats the unsafe behavior they should go after.
                He could have written it. Then again, he could have also written you a ticket for just about anything if he really wanted to (his word against yours, right?). The point is that if he had done it, it probably wouldn't have stuck if you took it to court, provided you never lost traction, no wheelie, and no on-lookers you were showing off to.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

just do what i did i befriended all my local law enforcement so i got a nice free pass ...lol its cheaper to buy them a meal once in awhile than pay a stupid ticket

Comment

Originally posted by gothicfallenangel View Post
                    just do what i did i befriended all my local law enforcement so i got a nice free pass ...lol its cheaper to buy them a meal once in awhile than pay a stupid ticket

or you could just NOT pop wheelies and ride over 50 mph over the speed limit
                    sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
                    k9 GSX-R 600
                    GO VOLS!

Comment

i dont wheelie but i do like opening it up once in awhile so it does help and its nice when you can call one and say where is best for me to run and they tell you where and they will keep out

Comment

that sucks right there
                        TWIST IT

Comment

why does that suck its nice to have friends

Comment

Working...
                          X