X

What to buy 600 or 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diavolo View Post
    I didn't realize there was a design change between the 600 and 750 in 06. Thought the only differences (that I was aware of) were the decals, color options and swingarm length. Am I missing something here?
    cosmetically the only real visible difference is the triple trees.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by chinto View Post
      Colour schemes are a bit different too. The 600's get the fancy graphics while the 750's are just plain. The 600's do look better

Comment

i took it like this: i had to chose between a 600 and 750, both didn't run, but i figured katana's are heavy and 750 is probably worth the extra weight

Comment

Originally posted by chinto View Post
          also the handlebars are higher

Originally posted by sjgiardina View Post
          I have to ask this so don't take it wrong, but what are they riding?

I had a 600 and most of my buddies could leave me with no problem; most wanted to know why I bought the GIRLIE bike?

They are ALL beatches!!!!
          did you stop and think maybe its the rider not the bike
          Last edited by JBLUE; 05-07-2008, 04:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

I like the looks of the decals on my 600. The 750's had nothing but Katana and 750 on them.They looked plain.

My buddies have an R1 and a GSXR 750.

You can accelerate up to the speed limit only so fast.
            Live To Ride, Ride To Live.

Comment

Originally posted by JBLUE View Post

did you stop and think maybe its the rider not the bike
              You must be joking; the baby Kat 600 only has 72 hp compared to most sportbike 600's with 100+. Do the math, it doesn't take a whole lot to pull away.

Comment

You must be joking; the baby Kat 600 only has 72 hp compared to most sportbike 600's with 100+. Do the math, it doesn't take a whole lot to pull away.
                where did you get that spec from the katana has more than 72hp its has 80hp and if you have a jet kit you have more power do your homework and its the rider not the bike a bike can have 500hp if the rider does not how to ride ,rider with less hp who knows how to ride will keep up and maybe smoke the more powerful bike its always comes down to the rider and not the bike
                Last edited by JBLUE; 05-07-2008, 11:16 PM.
                sigpicAllan

Comment

where did you get that spec from the katana has more than 72hp its has 80hp and if you have a jet kit you have more power do your homework and its the rider not the bike a bike can have 500hp if the rider does not how to ride ,rider with less hp who knows how to ride will keep up and maybe smoke the more powerful bike its always comes down to the rider and not the bike
                  Here is a good link to go by.

I do agree that it is the driver when HP is close but even if the Kat 600 has 80 HP, most newer 600's have over a 100 HP and in a straight line the Kat 600 will be left in the dust after approx 30 mph.

I agree with you when it comes to twisty turn type racing, the rider will definitely make the difference in lack of HP; Valentino Rossi is a good example of someone who will make any bike a winner.

Comment

handle bars are higher because the triple tree's are different.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Here is a good link to go by.

I do agree that it is the driver when HP is close but even if the Kat 600 has 80 HP, most newer 600's have over a 100 HP and in a straight line the Kat 600 will be left in the dust after approx 30 mph.

I agree with you when it comes to twisty turn type racing, the rider will definitely make the difference in lack of HP; Valentino Rossi is a good example of someone who will make any bike a winner.
                      even in a straight run if the rider does not how to used his gears a rider with more experience will win the race its like this I remember as a kid growing up we all had ten speed bike but there was guys that was better riders and they had five speeds why? a couple of reasons 1. riding techinque 2. performance upgrades 3. experience well its the same way with motorcycles if a guy has a katana with 80hp jet kit advancer and other performance upgrades has been riding for a couple of years and a new rider who riding a gixer 1000 who can not get of 3rd gear because of lack of experience who is going to win the race in a straightaway the guy has the most powerful bike but he is not getting the bike to run to its full potential but the guy with the katana is running his bike to its full potential thats why I said its the rider and not the bike
                      sigpicAllan

Comment

There is one other noticeable difference from 600-750. The heelguards! woohoo.

The 600 also has 73hp at the wheel, and the 750 has around 83hp at the wheel.

TheWrightKat was with me when we had both of out bikes dynoed within 10 minutes of each other on the same dyno machine. He had about 73hp with his 600, and I had 87hp with my 750. I had a pipe and advancer, his was stock.
                        KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
                        and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.

and btw, horsepower this, horsepower that... you don't even reach peak til 10k-11k anyway. Seems like the Rider who knows how to use his rpm range will win.
                        Last edited by Mat0302; 05-08-2008, 11:46 AM.
                        myspace
                        2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

i wish i had a 750
                          BONES HEAL ,CHICKS DIG SCARS ,PAIN IS TEMPPORARY AND GLORY IS FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by diavolo View Post
                            I didn't realize there was a design change between the 600 and 750 in 06. Thought the only differences (that I was aware of) were the decals, color options and swingarm length. Am I missing something here?
                            Swing arms are the same length on the 98+. Rear shock on the 750 has a remote reservoir.
                            Pics
                            Pics
                            No pics yet
                            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

you lookin for a pre or post?
                              95 suZuki katana
                              Autozone rattlecan MoD

Comment

I'm not bored with mine after 50,000 miles. You can teach any monkey to twist a throttle. Bike control is a more delicate art.

As for the OT:
                                Last edited by SKNL2; 05-08-2008, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X