Dyno Results

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno Results

Putting it up for everyone's interest.
    Met up with TheWrightKat at bike night this evening, and Suzuki of Sarasota had the Dyno trailer out. Free Dyno run, I'm in.

2006 Kat 750
    Two Brothers Exhaust and Ignition Advancer are the only engine mods so far.

86.8 hp @ 10146 rpm
    47.87 torque @ 8163 rpm

87 degree temp and 68% humidity if that means much.

The test guys said it was pretty good for a Kat.
    TheWrightKat got his dyno too, maybe he will post his up.
    myspace
    2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Sweet, those are good numbers!!!
    Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

posted my results in the lounge along with some pics. I'll repost them here as well.

73.0 hp @ 10409 rpm
      39.02 ft/lbs @ 8358 rpm

06 600 Kat with Scorpion Slip-on

temp 87
      humidity 68%
      pressure 29.8 inHg
      '06 600 Katana
      http://www.facebook.com/herb.wright
      Official Member of the I Own A 98+ But I Think Pre's Look Good Also Club

Originally posted by Kreylyn
      Okay.... Have you have figured out some way to make the bottom of your bike and the top of the bike closer together... maybe put it under a steam roller or something?

Comment

I've been curious to know what the Kat's numbers would be like since I got my Ninja dynotuned three weeks ago. I suspect they'd prolly be about 4-6 HP behind yours, Matt. Thanks for posting.

For anyone that's curious, here are my 14's numbers:

[SAE] 186.9 HP @ 9250/111.4 TQ
        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Honestly Nero, that kind of power is unfathomable to me. I can't imagine the propulsion (accelerate doesn't seem to describe correctly) of something like that. Mind-boggling.

PS. what was the next most powerful bike you have owned?
          "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting," Holy sh*t!!! What a ride!!!"

Comment

The acceleration is kinda crazy. It pulls like a mofo, and when you get above 6 grand, all I can say is that it's kinda like when you watch Star Trek and they enter one of those worm holes...

When I ride the Kat, it seems slow to me. I mean, it feels like it's got a boat anchor being dragged behind it. That's not taking anything away from the Kat, and I love that bike for different reasons, but owning a fast bike can sometimes ruin a little of the experience you enjoy on the slower bikes. -But my gas mileage is much better on the Kat and I don't have to replace the tires every 3500 miles either.

The next most powerful bike I've owned was a Hayabusa, so it's not like I wasn't used to speed. I also currently have a 2003 Kaw ZX6 track bike.
            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero
              I've been curious to know what the Kat's numbers would be like since I got my Ninja dynotuned three weeks ago. I suspect they'd prolly be about 4-6 HP behind yours, Matt. Thanks for posting.

For anyone that's curious, here are my 14's numbers:

Thats a whole lot of power !

Comment

Got the SV on the dyno thursday for a custom fuel mapping. Heres the final run results

105.8 Max HP
                66.8 Max Torque

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Originally posted by ChattKat
                  Got the SV on the dyno thursday for a custom fuel mapping. Heres the final run results

105.8 Max HP
                  66.8 Max Torque
                  That is with the Mods you have? What was the stock results / increase?
                  myspace
                  2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Yes thats with the Power Commander, K&N filter and air box modification. I didnt have a stock dyno but i know the bike runs like a beast after the custom map, my bike was running very rich. Suzuki gives a stock HP # at 115-117 but thats at the crank not the rear wheel like a dyno result. Also from spending much time on the SV forums, the the Suzuki #'s are BS. The heaviest modded SV's are pulling 115-120 at the rear wheel. Most SVs with the same mods as mine are pulling 100-110 HP The SV is more about torque anyway. Most stock SV's are running in the 90 HP range.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Sweet mother of God, that kind of power just frikkin' scares me.
                      .................................................. ...................

I see stupid people everywhere, they look just like the rest of us, but the scariest part is, they don't even know they're stupid.

Originally posted by Mojoe
                      so seriously.....if you are stupid enough to put yourself in harms way to cheer on an idiot, then you deserve what you get if something happens.
                      Originally posted by Range
                      I think I threw up a little in my mouth....UGLY

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer

Sweet mother of God, that kind of power just frikkin' scares me.

Yeah...me too!
                        =USAF= Retired

Comment

my car doesnt make that much power.
                          '93 naked kat 600 (wrecked and sold)
                          '82 v45 magna 750 (sold)
                          '80 xj650 maxim
                          "evil" '96 saturn sl2
                          '90 toyota pickup (killed by farm implement)
                          '94 toyota pickup 265000 miles and counting

http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33006 my bike as it was

Comment

Originally posted by Carsucharda
                            my car doesnt make that much power.
                            sucks to be you

Comment

Hell , my Katana makes more power than my car .
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                              X