No announcement yet.
X

Kinda nervous about my toe...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The more you shift your weight to the inside of the turn, the less the bike needs to lean.

You might want to shift your butt over a bit before the turn. Lean your body into the turn some.
    Last edited by Zepp; 02-09-2008, 12:24 AM.
    2007 Honda CBR600rr
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by albuKat View Post
      What do you guys think of my form?

Comment

bad foot position...

better foot position...

form...eh?

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

yeah, but albukat gets style points for riding sans-mohawk...

Comment

worse foot position. I learned alot from this picture... dont do that anymore! Also can see better here that I am not leaning correctly.

Comment

Ok , from what I can tell , this is pretty close to what the books say , 'cept I need to get my head lower ....

Note :
              many would say for this street this is a tad extreme . I say it's a tad fun . Pick your spots . Also , toes are on the pegs , body is inside the vertical line of the bike , but my head needs to be lower (books say to try to kiss your mirror) and a tad more inside . Keep your head as close to vertical as you can so you don't get dizzy . Arms relaxed ( VERY inportant)
              , legs act as extra suspension so the bike can do what it does best , i.e. soak up the bumps with your own legs so as not to transmit unwanted feedback to the bike that would unsettle it . You MAY get your outside arm against the tank , but your outside leg should be in tight and helping keep you steady . This is kinda tough to do for the heavier folk though , as you're basically standing on one foot on your toes at this point . But as far as I can tell , that's the way you wanna do it , so says the book
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

if your weight is centered on the bike while it is leaned over, you aren't doing your tires any favors for supporting the weight of you and the bike.... once you start moving your butt off the seat you've got more grip in reserve, or best described as safety in case something pops up...

with all this talk about hanging off and draggin knees, my opinion is that the speed required to actually need to hang off and drag a knee is best saved for a track...

That, or I haven't found the corner where I can practice enough to drag knee w/out concern....

The only time I've dragged knee regularly was in a parking lot around some cones.... never out on the road yet...

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                Ok , from what I can tell , this is pretty close to what the books say , 'cept I need to get my head lower ....

Note :
                many would say for this street this is a tad extreme . I say it's a tad fun . Pick your spots . Also , toes are on the pegs , body is inside the vertical line of the bike , but my head needs to be lower (books say to try to kiss your mirror) and a tad more inside . Keep your head as close to vertical as you can so you don't get dizzy . Arms relaxed ( VERY inportant)
                , legs act as extra suspension so the bike can do what it does best , i.e. soak up the bumps with your own legs so as not to transmit unwanted feedback to the bike that would unsettle it . You MAY get your outside arm against the tank , but your outside leg should be in tight and helping keep you steady . This is kinda tough to do for the heavier folk though , as you're basically standing on one foot on your toes at this point . But as far as I can tell , that's the way you wanna do it , so says the book
                http://pic19.picturetrail.com/VOL108.../109477629.jpg
                I agree about needing to keep your head lower......

But, by having your head down isn't your body weight going to be lower, maybe more stable? Thus, allowing you to stand the bike up a little more through the corner giving you more grip or a potential increase in speed (for the track...)

I'm assuming the the bike is leaned over more than it needs..... but also the road looks to have some camber to it... helping you with grip... right?

or am I just being picky?
                Last edited by allblackkat; 02-09-2008, 04:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Originally posted by allblackkat View Post
                  i

with all this talk about hanging off and draggin knees, my opinion is that the speed required to actually need to hang off and drag a knee is best saved for a track...

That, or I haven't found the corner where I can practice enough to drag knee w/out concern....
                  The latter . MANY roads around here are 55mph marked (country roads) , and you can EASILY drag knees while staying UNDER the speed limit should you desire . And actually , the ONLY time I've ever gotten a knee down was under those circumstances .
                  Yeah , keeping the head , and thus the upper body with it lowers your cg even more , meaning the bike don't need to be leaned over as far . And yeah , that turn had a little camber to it , but looks more in the pic than it
                  really is . It's a slightly downhill turn . Same turn , other direction ....

Comment

Heck with scraping your knee MD86... Watchout for your saddle bags. They need a puck too...
                    2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                    Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                    "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                    Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                    Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                    "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

They've seen the ground a time or 2 . They'll be fine .

Comment

Originally posted by albuKat View Post
                        worse foot position. I learned alot from this picture... dont do that anymore! Also can see better here that I am not leaning correctly.

THERE IT IS!!! this photo is the reason this thread exists. this is what i was doing, trying to keep my foot in a shift position to upshift out of a turn. i understand this is incorrect foot position now, but maybe you can all understand what i was worried about.

Comment

Looks like you're trying to upshift in the corner. This is a no-no. You should be set up with the right gear before you enter the corner. Get the ball of your foot on the peg. All of that other stuff is secondary. You can't run if you're still crawling.

Comment

Originally posted by toastershakins View Post
                            THERE IT IS!!! this photo is the reason this thread exists. this is what i was doing, trying to keep my foot in a shift position to upshift out of a turn. i understand this is incorrect foot position now, but maybe you can all understand what i was worried about.
                            That is a recipe for disaster right there.
                            2007 Honda CBR600rr
                            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X