Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Babs
    Originally posted by duff daddy
    you slip real easy on road paint!! its soo scary
    Amen to that ... especially when its freshly and intentionally poured in the middle of the lane at a corner .... I still have anger issues.

Glad you kept it upright Z - I don't think I would have remained as calm. Have never felt the rear lock up. What did you mean by steering the bike in the direction of the skid? Was the rear stepping out to the right so you turned to the right to straighten out?
    You got it.. the rear was coming out to the right so i turned the front to the right to help try to straighten it up. Might not be the thing to do but it is what i am used to doing in a car so I figured the theory still applied
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Yes Z you are right, and don't use rear brake to it's full extent when approaching a little old lady pulling out in front of you either.
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by Babs
        Originally posted by duff daddy
        you slip real easy on road paint!! its soo scary
        Amen to that ... especially when its freshly and intentionally poured in the middle of the lane at a corner .... I still have anger issues.
        You know , I just looked at my tires closely when I got home , and I can STILL see red paint on them !
        I've locked my rear brake up a few times . It's basically the same as on a bicycle . You remember doing that ?
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

#1 - if you still have the macadams get rid of them !

tim

Comment

I plan too but have to

a. have the funds first
            b. want to get as much wear doing commute to work rides first... don;t do much twisties yet...

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Originally posted by OtLa
              I was talking to a guy last week who rides an R6, and he was saying that when he got home he was going to remove the rear brake to save weight! He was saying "why have it on there if I never use it!"...squid.
              sometimes the genious in people just comes glaring right at you....yeah that'll help!!!

Comment

Something to consider is to adjust the rear lever so you CAN"T lock it up. Lots of bikes are built with not much stopping power in back, hence one caliper.

There is a whole section in "Sport Riding Techniques" dedicated to that subject. Even if I stand on my rear brake it won't lockup, unless it's slick. I've tried just to see if I can.

She'd be smiling if she had 996 cc's of thumping twin power between her legs

Comment

Originally posted by penst8grad
                  Something to consider is to adjust the rear lever so you CAN"T lock it up. Lots of bikes are built with not much stopping power in back, hence one caliper.

There is a whole section in "Sport Riding Techniques" dedicated to that subject. Even if I stand on my rear brake it won't lockup, unless it's slick. I've tried just to see if I can.
                  Someome should do a write up on how to do that.. hint hint..

Comment

Working...
                  X