X

insurance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insurance

what kind of insurance do you guys have on your bikes?? i got a quote from my car insurance and they said $275 a month...thats a lot of money, but again i didnt know what type of insurance to get....
    carlos

Basically it'll depend where you live, how old you are, how much riding experience, and of course, coverage.

Long Live the D

Comment

call around I pay 23 buck a month for full cover...

Comment

Call Farm Bureau Insurance... I'm kinda old 44 but my 2006 Katana 750 was under $30 bucks per month and on a great policy which even included towing...
        "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

Get two quotes. One for "state minimum" and one that matches your auto policy's coverages. Then find something affordable in between.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I'm 18, first time rider, and have full coverage... $80 a month for me... but that's with a katana however.... in February I'll be gettin a 07 CBR600RR, so that'll probably double.

Comment

Just be glad you don't live in NJ. You insurance is always seems to be higher then any other state.
              1990 GSX 1100

Comment

Well no offense, but you live in a state where the highest crime rate is... that's the major influence on your insurance..

Comment

True and the most cars & people per square mile. It makes it a killer riding because no one pays attention and will kill you in a heartbeat around here.
                  1990 GSX 1100

Comment

im 19 with tow speeding tickets and my insurance is under 25 dollars a month, make sure you shop around geico and progressive gave me 5x the rate i found with the company im on now
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

which company is that scotty?? i have progressive for my truck and they're the best around...i only pay $130 a month full coverage...but when it came down to my kat, $275 a month wasnt....i havent tried geico yet....i heard taking the course lowers the rate also, im taking that course in september (should've taken that years ago)...

Comment

it's a company called Foremost, i think they are located in michigan not totally sure, i went through a local insurance agent and he set me up with this company.

[rant]
                        i talked to progressive because pretty much everyone had said they were the best, and for some reason (which no one at the company could explain to me) my insurance at liability only was quoted at $1200 a year. Full coverage on my Jetta costs just over that much for reference. My best friend has a 2001 katana 600 and he and i look exactly the same on insurance papers besides the name and zip code, same driving record as all, and they gave him liability only for 240 dollars a year. So i shopped around and finally got hooked up through this third party place called Dill's Insurance Corp. So instead of 1200 a year with progressive i am set with 230 a year through this Foremost place, sorry for the hijack here, lesson learned was shop around until you are satisfied
                        [/rant]
                        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

thanks scotty, i guess my best bet is to get me an insurance agent and see where we go from there...$230 is not bad at all...hopefully i'll be able to get a quote somewhere around that....thanks for the info.
                          carlos

Comment

If you have state farm, try them. A lot of the busa owners insure through them, and they beat progresives rate for me by a long shot. They have become very competitive for motorcycle insurance.
                            sigpic

My youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/twotonevert

Comment

i have progressive i pay 135 a year
                              iam 32 and no tickets

Comment

Working...
                              X