No announcement yet.
X

New Riders...It all starts right here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do you get used to using the back brake? i keep using the front but im not doing fast breaking. i have only put about 100 miles. someone told me its 70% front and 30% back is that true?

Comment

Buy the book .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by cdy64118
        how do you get used to using the back brake? i keep using the front but im not doing fast breaking. i have only put about 100 miles. someone told me its 70% front and 30% back is that true?
        cdy64118 yes that is true but of all people don't listen to what i have to say ha-ha (read KR Rules Prt 1-2) pretty good read but you will know what i mean...on another note the MSF course is great i still have my coupons from the class but i am thinking of doing it again just to see where i am going wrong...but the course is great the track day class is great too..but kinda hard to cram the flag colors and all the apex stuff oh well...
        "Our Father's Were The Model Of God If Our Father's Failed What Does That Tell Us About God".....Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by md86
          Buy the book .

Hey md86 is that book any good i need as much learning as i can get and i don't think doing the MSF course more than three times is practical..but i have been wrong before
          "Our Father's Were The Model Of God If Our Father's Failed What Does That Tell Us About God".....Tyler Durden

Comment

No , that book sucks . Complete waste of $20 . I just wanted to make you spend money .

No really , BUY THE BOOK !!!!!!!! You'll read it over and over and learn something new every time . I've taken to highlighting mine .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

New to riding!

I just completed the local MSF beginner course this past weekend, and am looking into getting a Katana this weekend.

I'm planning on getting it home in the back of a truck, and then sticking to residential areas and big parking lots for a while until I really get the hang of it - I'm way excited to practice riding!!

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                As far as I know, you must supply your own helmet, gloves, jacket, boots, and atleast jeans. They provide the bikes. But that could have changed since I took it last, but I know charlie mav needed those items when she took hers a couple months ago or so.
                I just took it here in Arizona, and they supply everything but the desire to learn. Bikes, helmets, gloves..

Comment

I don't even have my kat yet and i'm signed up for the BRC. We have to have it to ride on any militayr base. I would of taken it even if that wan't the case. do your research.
                  http://www.geocities.com/kissarmymc/
                  bikerfriend.org You get cool stickers for your cage

Comment

Working...
                  X