No announcement yet.
X

New Riders...It all starts right here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can just imagine all the punks you get in ur classes that think they know it all!! #-o

Comment

the worst ones for me though are the middleaged men who have issues being taught how to ride a bike by a young chick who's barely 5'5"/125lbs. The punks I can take - I just put them in their place - but some of the other guys don't listen to a word I say cuz they think I have no clue what I'm talking about. think next yr I'll just punch those ones in the throat....hmm....
      - It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

yeah, i can just see these old farts who think they know it all, with all those bad habits, and then along comes a chick who knows more than they do, and they just cant admit it.

I remember I had a chick instructor, riding a big ole Fat Boy, she was way cool!!

Comment

Well, I don't have a big ole fat boy, but I do have a sportster - and my mum says I'm kool! 8)

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

it is a good start.

i had to laugh a little because i took the class to get 10% of my insurance rates. i already had my endorcement. i think i answered more questions than the instructor ( classroom teacher ). the guys on the course were OK but i thought the lady in the classroom was a joke.

she knew the book well enough but when it came to situational questions she gave some bad advice. just not enough seat time i guess.

we really went around on covering with 4 fingers.

sipde works !

tim

Comment

I took the class and loved it!!!
              I even recomend it to friends even if they aren't into bikes.
              The insurance break is enough for me to look into the course.
              My only complaint was that I took it in August and it was hottttttttt!
              But none the less I had a blast.

I have to thank my wife again for getting me the class as a b-day present
              92 Katana 600 Project bike
              Some assembly required is my middle name!!!

Comment

I am still amazed why people would NOT take this course...get your license, insurance discount...and learn how to ride!!
                Always keep your head up

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman
                  ...and learn how to ride!!
                  Don't forget "...on someone else's bike - so if you drop it who cares"

Comment

We use a Honda Rebel for our classes. 2 Rider Coaches to 12 students. Usually, the best scores out of the course are the ones that have never ridden before. They don't have all the bad habits everyone else has plus they listen.
                    sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
                    MSF Rider Coach 27028
                    MoPowerSports.com
                    Torco
                    SoCalTrackDays

Comment

We use some Suzuki GNs, some Titans (I forget, are they Suzuki too? Kris????), and some Sherpa's (those are Kawi, right? man, I really should learn these things). I LUV the sherpas! they're so much fun!! granted I can only tip toe them but they're light enough that that's fine.

Comment

Plus they make a mockery out of the U-turn box!!!! :P
                        sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
                        MSF Rider Coach 27028
                        MoPowerSports.com
                        Torco
                        SoCalTrackDays

Comment

It's byog . And at least SOME gear is required , as I understand it .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

As far as I know, you must supply your own helmet, gloves, jacket, boots, and atleast jeans. They provide the bikes. But that could have changed since I took it last, but I know charlie mav needed those items when she took hers a couple months ago or so.

Comment

Took the MSF course a few years ago and loved it...
                              I learned so much and it really helped me not only in the begining but also everyday...
                              Well worth it...
                              You need to have a helmet, gloves, boots...and jeans are fine...they supplied the bikes...

Comment

all set go to take it next spring cause around here we cant ride very good during the winter.
                                Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

Comment

Working...
                                X