X
X

Feeling stupid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does get easier. When I got my bike, I talked to a guy who volunteered at my police department. He owned a custom bike shop. He let me bring my bike and "help" him work on it. Although I was not much help. Before too long, I was able to actually do the work myself. I ended up learning fork seals, chain and sprocket replacement, oil change, clutch replacement, and various cosmetic procedures.

Comment

"Experience is a tough teacher, because she gives the test first, and then gives the lesson."
      -(unknown)

Now you know how to change the oil on your bike, and you are more aligned with the machine. Next time, you will do better.

You have done well, grasshopper.
      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

buy a kn race filter next time... they have hex heads on em so you dont need any special suzki tools.

And in the instance you dont have one... take a hammer and pound a screwdriver throgh the side of it.. and twist...

Comment

Originally posted by wcrank View Post
          It does get easier. When I got my bike, I talked to a guy who volunteered at my police department. He owned a custom bike shop. He let me bring my bike and "help" him work on it. Although I was not much help. Before too long, I was able to actually do the work myself. I ended up learning fork seals, chain and sprocket replacement, oil change, clutch replacement, and various cosmetic procedures.
          You AGAIN ? I gotta know what's up with digging up all the threads from 2 years ago . You just searching for stuff and these are the threads you find ?
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
          X