No announcement yet.
X

Project 88 Katana- Running logbook

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll see how it goes. If I have a serious offer on it unpainted, I would rather do it that way instead of spending the extra time to prep, paint, apply decals, etc....

When I get to that point, it will be posted on this thread.
    Ron
    MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

sounds good. I dropped you a pm as well.

Comment

Just a couple pics for now.........

Frame painted with a couple items back on it. Waiting for the forks to come in before I make it a rolling chassis again....... Gonna have to get teh swingarm out and paint it to get ready for that parts I guess..........

Front fairing stay after painting and reassembly. I am leaving the headlight out until I get it mounted on the frame again since it is easier to get th ewiring harness in place with the headlight removed. Also had a burned out H4 bulb that needs replaced.......

Ron
        MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Looking good, she is coming along nicely!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I have been waiting for some parts to come in for this thing and being a bit lazy as well, so I have not done much with it lately. Got off my ass today and did a few things........

Shot of the swingarm after painting........

Here are the triple clamps after painting and installing the new switch.......

And finally, a shot of the frame with the fresh swingarm and triple clamps installed. I have a Bandit shock mounted in the frame right now. If I receive the forks I could get back to a rolling chassis again pretty soon.

Next part of the project is to get the engine support brackets prepped for paint and have them ready soon. I also need to paint the wheels and a few other items.
            Ron
            MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

looking real good Ron

Comment

Looking good so far!

Tag light still? I cut the fender off mine so I have the original sittin around.

Comment

Yes please!
                  Ron
                  MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Did you get that broken header bolt out?
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

I have not even messed with that yet Lou. I may be throwing another motor into it anyways. Not sure yet.
                      Ron
                      MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Man, I wouldn't mind watching this rebuild on SPEED. Looks like you're going to make your 30 days. Nice work.

Comment

I don't think I'll make the 30 days, but not too far off I think. Just waiting for parts.
                          Ron
                          MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Waiting for parts is the worst part....

I'm waiting on a petcock rebuild kit so I can take the Kat for inspection right now...
                            -Steve

sigpic
                            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

All the pieces are coming together now! Received the forks and the new brake lines today! Only one thing I still need at this point and that is the tag light cover!
                              Now it's time for me to put in for some vacation time and get busy on this thing and get it all back together!
                              Ron
                              MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

You many hate it now but soon you will grow to love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X