X

Katana out GSXR600 in

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana out GSXR600 in

Sole my 05 Kat 600 three weeks ago and bought a 2012 GSXR600 brand new with 0 kms on it. I have 1100km on it already...
    Attached Files
    sigpic"Ya hafta stop to get a drink once in a while" - WalkRunRide.

grats
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Very nice, congrats

Comment

Beautiful bike!

Comment

Congrats! Give us your impressions... moving from the Kat to the Gixxer...
          sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
          1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
          2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
          First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
          Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaGSX92 View Post
            This might help
            KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
            and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.
            Extra life.

Comment

congrats! I made my transition this season as well. K5 600! Definitely night and day between the 02 Kat 600 and K5 600
              - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaGSX92 View Post
                I find the Gixxer to be very responsive and exceptionally tight feeling compared to the Kat. The suspension is amazing and there is no comparison in the corners. The main reason I bought the Kat was to learn to ride and then to sell it once I felt ready for the gixxer. My plan has always been to get a bike that's powerful enough to keep me happy at the track for a few years till I can go as fast as the machine's capability. After taking race training twice last year (on a 2010 GSXR600 and 2011 YZF-R6) and putting about 15,000 km on the Kat I felt I was ready for the gixxer.

As far as comfort and riding position goes I don't have any problem. I always grip the tank to varying degrees, and although the leg muscles get sore for the first few weeks the stiffness goes away just like when starting to go to the gym after taking a month or two off. I never have any problems with my wrists as I generally don't lean on the clip-ons. I read many articles and forum posts about proper riding position, and have developed mine so that I use my legs and back muscles for support while gripping the tank, and my hands are really just draped over the clip-ons to push and manipulate the controls. I should also mention that I'm in extremely good physical condition, which probably makes it easier to adapt to the forward stance that the bike demands. My longest rides to far have been about an hour, but the only reason they've been so short is due to the break-in requirements. In the future I will take some longer trips ... I can hardly wait to hit the 1,600km mark to end the break-in period.

Comment

Nice bike! Was looking at a GSXR750 myself but decided the Kat was better for long seat time versus the GXSR.

Comment

Originally posted by DaneG320U545 View Post
                    congrats! I made my transition this season as well. K5 600! Definitely night and day between the 02 Kat 600 and K5 600
                    Nice! Have fun

Comment

Working...
                    X