X

My commute

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WalkRunRide View Post
    Must be quite a traffic jam when there's an accident ...
    actually its not too bad , there are emergency pockets every feew hundred meters. and its got emergency lights that will tell people to change lanes in case someone crashes. And they have cameras everywhere.

FUNNY STORY.....

I ran out of gas in that very tunnel at the very bottom right in the middle of the stupid thing going uphill. I feel the car slowing down , look at the gas meter and its empty alright...DOH.

I had JUST passed one of those emergency pockets so I just went all the way close to the tunnell wall almost scraping the mirror. and hit the emergency lights.

Great...now what ? I am supposed to use one of the nearest emergency phones or my own phone for that matter to inform the police and also wait for a tow truck....but no me and my friend get this excelent idea... lets just run out of the tunnell and because at the very top outside is a gas station right near the entrance to the tunnel..

You noticed how long it took to ride throught that mother****er ? Try jogging uphill in it IT NEVER ENDS...

Finally we just say **** it...lets hitchike... so we pull over a car and he drives us to the top. we go to the gas station. buy a jerrycan and gas then run back downhill into the freaking tunnell again..

This time no chance to hitchike..the cars are comming towards us.

we get back to the car and lo and behold...a police car is there and a tow truck...awesome. So we are like..hello fellas we got gas now

but no the police officer was like ...erm.. youre not supposed to walk in this tunnel. and tells the tow truck guy to get the car on the truck..im like , err I go the gas , it takes less time to just fill up and drive..no sir the police officer says "the wheels are in motion" blahblah ...great do as you wish I will just stand here and observe.

so we get out of the tunnel and the police officer tells us that the people that observe the cameras in the tunnel had seen two guys running in the tunnel then suddenly they cant see us anymore on the next camera. ( that the point where we started to hitchhike ) so they were confused what to do. anyway....we got plenty of tunnels in norway. Norway is like a giant smoky mountain, we got some roads going over the mountains and a LOT going into it. I will record more from other tunnels.
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

AWESOME!!! Thanks for posting this Mo. Mason was smiling the whole time. Especially seeing the forklift driving through as well
      sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
      2004 Katana 600 - Gone
      2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

thank you , it was my pleasure. I will record some other tunnels next season when I go up into the mountains. Those tunnels arent as lit up as this one. Its funky when yo go into those tunnels and got your sunglasses on , youre basicaly screwed
        2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, but I have to say "LOL" that's an expensive gas stop, and disappearing act!
          sigpic"Ya hafta stop to get a drink once in a while" - WalkRunRide.

Comment

Cool video. It would feel so strange driving through that many tunnels. I just don't have many (i.e. any) tunnels around here. I wonder why they chose to build through the tunnels instead of building roads on/around the mountains. Too steep? Too much bad weather?
            Extra life.

Comment

Working...
            X