My new bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new bike

Well,
    Since retiring from the Army, my knee has been giving me serious issues and riding the Katana has just become unbearable for me. I have sold the white 93 600 already and the blue 89 750 is on consignment at the shop I work at. Yesterday, I finalized the paperwork on this sweet ride below.

It is a 2008 Yamaha Warrior that has been a left over and has 0 miles. Yep, a 4 year old brand new bike. The shop owner had me instal the Cobra pipes on it last week before I bought it. I think he knew it would push my decision to buy it. It's 1700cc (102ci) of thumping V-twin power. The cool thing about the Warrior is that it has the USD forks and brakes from the R1 as well as the rear swingarm and 6" rear wheel.

Worst part of the whole deal...... It was storming Saturday and is supposed to rain until Tuesday.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

do u have any old parts from the 93 600 that can fit a 96??

Comment

Congrats on the new ride Court. Hope the weather clears up for you before then.
      1992- project katfighter
      2005- GSXR750
      2001- TL1000R
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Wow thats a killer deal. I wonder how it stacks up against the other power cruisers like the M109R and Mean Streak.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

specifically carburetors,exhaust kits, or other parts are needed severely

Comment

Greg,
            Sweet ride man.. buddy of mine has two of them and he loves his. how ya been havent seen ya around in a while

Comment

tfamember1 - yes, I have several parts left over from pre kats. PM me with what you need.

cintidude - thanks I hope it does too. I am ready to RIDE!!!

scotty - not sure about the M109R, but in the magazine articles I read the Warrior outperformed the Mean Streak. From the factory the Warrior produced around 75hp and almost 100ft-lbs of torque. Now that it has the pipes and once I put a fuel programmer on it (power commander) along with a big air kit, the bike should be kicking out some decent numbers.

nitros - yeah, I unfortunately only have about 1/8 mile on mine so far since it is still at the dealership and I only rode it around the building from the showroom to the back area, but it's pretty comfortable, LOVE the sound from the new pipes and having 2 big pistons thumping along is a LOT different than four smaller ones.

I am doing well. Busy as all heck with the new job and still working on getting completely settled into the new house. Anyone that's moved knows it takes about a year or so to get FULLY settled in and things arranged.
              Last edited by Court93kat; 06-03-2012, 05:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
              who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Congrats!....and you deserve it. Happy trails!
                sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                ------------------------------------------
                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

congrats on the bike
                  ----USMC combat vet----
                  07 Yamaha r6s & 93 Kat streetfighter project

Comment

take a year to get settled in.. hah.. i have now been in the new house 7yrs and still not all unpacked.. lol..

Comment

When are we riding together dude ???
                      Guylaine
                      Try and keep up now

Comment

Congrats Court!

Originally posted by tfamember1 View Post
                        specifically carburetors,exhaust kits, or other parts are needed severely
                        Dude, seriously... this thread is NOT to solicit parts from people.
                        -Steve

sigpic
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                        X