NEW 40RS flate slide smooth bore carbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW 40RS flate slide smooth bore carbs

So this showed up the other day:

They even have that new carb smell. I already replaced the float bowl screws and cover screws with SS socket heads. My opinion is that all carbs should come like that new. I can now confirm that they don't. There is no sticker ANYWHERE that says made in China, Taiwan or any other BS country that makes cheap crap. It says "Made in Japan".
    Last edited by arsenic; 05-08-2011, 02:00 PM.

Oh how I love flat slides <3
    "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

oooo purdy
      Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
      Tony
      94 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
        ...It says "Made in Japan".
        So you're wearing your radiation suit, right?
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I should probably do that.

Comment

You got those as a present for me right. I AM SO JEALOUS
            When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

OMG i want those, were did u get them, are they spaced to fit the 600? would love more info on that setup.

Comment

There must be a monster of an engine somewhere waiting for them!
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

1990 GSXR 1100 over bored to 1216 with after markets cams, valve springs, degreed cams, 6 speed 98-06 Katana transmission, etc., etc. etc.
                  Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                  There must be a monster of an engine somewhere waiting for them!
                  Originally posted by kat astrophe View Post
                  OMG i want those, were did u get them, are they spaced to fit the 600? would love more info on that setup.
                  RS40's on a 600 would be an epic fail. You would need RS34's. Putting flat slides on a regular old tuna is a bad idea. These are RACING carburetors. Temperature, elevation, and atmospheric pressure plays a huge role on jetting. They aren't like the stock CV carbs where the same jetting works in Denver and San Fransisco. Flat slides pretty much make road trips not possible. On race bike, they dyno them before every race. Unless you have built a race engine that was built for these, just willy nilly throwing flat slides on a stock engine is well,
                  Last edited by arsenic; 05-09-2011, 11:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Those are sexy Chris
                    1992- project katfighter
                    2005- GSXR750
                    2001- TL1000R
                    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

I cant believe there are still new ones floating around...

$1200?
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Not even close. Flat slides are EASY to get new. Now BS OEM CV carbs, that's gonna cost you an arm and a leg. Good luck finding them new. Google Mikuni RS carbs. There's quite a few vendors that sell them.
                        (BTW BS is not short for bull ****, the OEM Katana carbs are BST or BSR)
                        Last edited by arsenic; 05-09-2011, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X