X

My first katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first katana

1989 katana 600, $1300 so i overpayed and now realize it. Extended, mikuni carbs, yoshi exhaust, lowered/slammed. 91,500 miles and still kickin besides a small leak in the head gasket

More pictures to come once i actually get my motorcycle endorsement
    Find a bike with a stock motor that has miles than mine and ill personally send you a certificate declaring your awesomness

Looks pretty good! Keep going!

1300...ouch

Comment

i say just go through all the maint. that you could right now to try and keep her going for a while.
      "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
      2004 marauder 800

Comment

Oooo she will definitely go for along time, everything on the bike works like new except that small oil leak, its not bad but i hate getting to work and having oil spray on my jeans.

Im either replacing the motor if i can find one or getting a top end gasket kit if i can find a mechanic or manual for cheap, I have 2 motors but one needs the head gasket and the other needs cam, gaskets and valve covers
        Find a bike with a stock motor that has miles than mine and ill personally send you a certificate declaring your awesomness

Comment

Ninety-one thousand miles?!

Comment

Yeppers, it gives me a reason to show harley riders than jap bikes arent that bad

Comment

Looks great but I would change the seat cover to black.I think the long & low look is killer.

Comment

I'd kill to see my Kat hit 91,000. Good luck.
                It's all good! It's goody good!

Comment

Originally posted by GodJockey View Post
                  Ninety-one thousand miles?!
                  +91k!!!! WOW! But hey, if it still runs and is plenty fun then its all good!
                  Godspeed
                  CSBA #1167
                  Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

grats
                    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

If you're looking for a new seat cover I know a guy down here in Melbourne who specializes in custom sportbike seats.
                      "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Here is my first Kat 600, a 1996 I brought a couple of months ago for $1800, with 40,000km/25,000mi and runs like a charm. So, in the 145Kkm/91Kmi context, she is downright youthful. (The subject bike of this thread looks gorgeous, by the way, regardless of seat color.)

My previous bike (still have it) is a Kawasaki Ninja 250, so, the Kat 600 will keep me entertained, and trained, for quite a while. Love it!

Here is a walk-around of both bikes:

Comment

^Thread jack hmmm....but thanks for all the comments guys

Comment

Yea, nothing wrong with starting a thread bout your own bike. but it is impolite to throw pics of your bike and your bike's info up on a thread dedicated to another brother's ride.

BTW, not a fan of the stretched an slammed bikes, but it looks good. and it'll be cheaper to put back to stock if you decide you dont like the way it rides the way it is now.

And Welcome to the both of you to KR
                            1992- project katfighter
                            2005- GSXR750
                            2001- TL1000R
                            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                            www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                            KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                            KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Thanks, but ex-blue ninja could you please edit your post and take out the pictures, I kinda made this thread to show my bike off

P.S. If anyone has a pre90(2 peice frame) 600cc motor or 750 with carbs for sale let me know

More pics of my baby

My amazing 2" of clearance before i sit on it

Comment

Working...
                              X