X

My build - Uglier Betty

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by venturesomerite View Post
    I like this picture. Reminds me of something out of popular mechanics or a hot rod magazine.

To bad it wasn't in a high res. Would make a nice background.*
    Last edited by Unholy_m; 04-03-2011, 11:29 AM. Reason: after thought*
    My Addiction (94 600 Kat)

Addicted to Modification since... 1995!
    Electrical Tape, Zip-Ties, and Rivets are more like accents then eye sores.

Comment

Not to take anything away from other build threads, but for some reason this oneis my fave. I can't wait to this badboy finished, but take your time so you don't disappoint us, lol...
      Sliminator

Comment

Originally posted by Unholy_m View Post
        I like this picture. Reminds me of something out of popular mechanics or a hot rod magazine.

To bad it wasn't in a high res. Would make a nice background.*
        You don't want that pic, you want the ones I'm gonna take in a month when she is outside!

Originally posted by slim68 View Post
        Not to take anything away from other build threads, but for some reason this oneis my fave. I can't wait to this badboy finished, but take your time so you don't disappoint us, lol...
        You won't be disappointed, but you will have to wait to see it "finished" as it's just going to be "ridable" for the summer/laconia.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

OK, so there is now a hard deadline to have my bike ridable (note I didn't say finished).

Going to Laconia this year (first time) with two buds and the bike has gotta be ridable atleast a week before to test for any kinks. Gonna get some work done now!

Also, now have another thing to add to this project, new rear sets!

BIG THANKS to Kidd on CF for them!

Currently:

Future:

And the what I need to chop off and replace:

So the big question is::::::: BLACK OR ORANGE?
        Last edited by venturesomerite; 04-21-2011, 08:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I may like the ones you have coming up but man that is one sexy pic.

Comment

Well If ya really want it I can give you the non photobucket reduced one.

Comment

Looks good! I'm going to go the streetfighter route this winter or sooner!
              "It's better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation."-Herman Melville
              Chris
              graphic designer | drummer
              2002 Katana 600
              Check out my band Decadence @ Reverb Nation: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/decadenceband

Comment

ha ha I am stubborn huh? I will talk to you about is later.

Comment

Originally posted by venturesomerite View Post
                  So the big question is::::::: BLACK OR ORANGE?
                  Black!!!
                  "I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
                  - Michael Jordan-

My Build: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...02#post2085502

Comment

Wow, this is awesome!!! Subscribed and waiting impatiently for the next update...as well as gathering ideas for my own eventually...good luck!!
                    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." -- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut / Yogi Berra

"after the nuclear apocalypse, there will be 6ft tall cockroaches eating twinkies and driving dodge darts, and riding katanas" -- JayBell

Comment

• So I need votes on this, I am thinking about extending the mini fairings I am making to include the area that is now covered in cardboard. I made them back when I had subframe v 2.0, so now with v3.0 I think I'll change it up.

The fairings will be covered in sheet metal and painted matte black.

Comment

• i like the added portion to the "mini fairing"
                        "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
                        2004 marauder 800

Comment

• I am liking the new body work plans. When you gonna start shaping metal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Unholy_m View Post
                            I am liking the new body work plans. When you gonna start shaping metal?
                            about december to be honest.

I'm gonna line my tank, jet my carbs, finish my subframe and rattle can it, rezip tie my gauges to what ever is close and ride the damn thing.

Then, once it is winter again, god knows what else I'll come up with by then. That is unless I can find some time I can dedicate to it before then.

Comment

• well if you stop sitting your butt on the chair on Katriders.com, then you could get that done in a few days.... come on sir!!!!... altho i shouldn't be talking... im supposed to be going to the house and finishing my build lol.
                              "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
                              2004 marauder 800

Comment

• your build looks awesome good work

Comment

Working...
                                X