X

2006 Kawasaki ZZR1400

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Kawasaki ZZR1400

Well, itīs a nice bike! Itīs strange, and original, and that like me!!

PICSSSS!!!!

Hmmm... I suspect also that it might be a 1300cc bike instead of 1400cc's based on the file names for the pictures... a quick pop by Motard-online.com for more info says they've been asked by Kawa to remove the pics from their site with a cease-and-desist order (hmmm)...

Analyzing the pictures:

Ram-air duct under front headlight assembly.

Gas tank either extends under the seat, or is a false tank cover (plastic?). WIth the increase in rise of the tank and the narrower appearance, odds are it's real and does carry more of the fuel lower (required for decent range out of the engine). Tank design would also imply a crappy fuel gauge (if any fuel gauge -- tank shape is hard to compensate for; most likely a low-level warning light instead), but does give a lower CG. Expect constant tummy-to-tank action, and hope your "package" isn't mashed on braking (better be some grip to that seat cover material).

Black rubberized-plastic streamlined side knee-panels won't weather well, based on similar plastics on other bikes from Kawa. I expect to see an aftermarket replacement or a revision to this design before it rolls out at dealers. Does have the advantage of being easier to grip with knees, though, and the out-and-about shape is used intentionally to open and help smoothly close the air-bubble at the rear of the bike (higher top speeds).

Rear lights faired in, blinkers on faired-in extends, like the last model, but looks a lot more like an '05 GSXR1k tail than the odd spaceship styling used previously.

:arrow I don't see anywhere to mount hardsided luggage with that tail (or with the up-swept pipes, though, implying may not be targeted at the real sports-touring segment... Unless they mount particularly high up, using the small bit of exposed rear subframe (just behind/above the passenger pegs) plus the rear grab bar mounting location as the mounting points. Even at that, I don't expect any available luggage to hold very much because of the flair of the tail assembly & the upswept pipes..

40 to 44 tooth rear sprocket... probably means the front is a 16 tooth for high top-end, since the 1300 or 1400 cc engine should make quite a lot of torque.

carbs would have to be history due to the emissions requirements. Thus, expect injectors and fuel pumps (fuel pump would be required if that tank is really that shape anyway). Note that the exhaust headers run forward a bit before curving back, possibly required to permit sufficient space for the catalytic converter that would be needed for emissions requirements.

Seat-to-handlebar reach puts the driver down against the tank, very Busa-like in that sense, and good for the aerodynamics. The Front end also looks like it's been reivsed for a good top-speed run.

Rear shock well hidden, implying a remote adjuster probably.

Front & rear brake rotors petal patterned, similar to the current Ninja offerings. Useful for a bike with this much heft. No sensor ring for ABS on any of the rotors implies no ABS offered. Raidal brake calipers front, but crappy brake line routing in the back... Hmmm...

heavy/long bar-end weights imply sports-touring.

mirrors look like they might be crap at speed, but closer look makes me notice the stabilizing wind slip design (notice the gap between the glass part at the back and the housing body)?

Windshield angle puts the head and shoulders in the windstream unless the driver is tucked, again implying they are going more sport than touring if it's still even to be considered the sports-tourer in their line-up. A lot of riders will have buffetting issues with the stock screen the way it is.

rubber-coated front & rear foot-pegs says sports tourer, but postioning and angles of the foot controls says sportier, with more than a 100 degree bend at the knee required for a typical adult mail. The cut-outs at the side of the tank (arm-shaped, going to the handlebars) also implies a lie-down tuck.

rake and trail are a bit steep for a sports-tourer. The wind-fairing for the front forks says speed as well.

--------
    They're also releasing a new 10R, see the official Kawa media press release here (with pictures). Didn't see anything on the ZZR1400 there though...

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

LOL Cyber, that is a full analysis!!!

I wrote the filename, because I though too that itīs a 1300, but I have read in several places that is a 1400. Surely, would be something between 1300-1400.

My conclusion is similar to yours, it seems to me too much sport to be a sport-tourism. Specially the windshield, so lowwwwww. But then, what they gonna do with the ZX12R?
      PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by masrapido
        My conclusion is similar to yours, it seems to me too much sport to be a sport-tourism. Specially the windshield, so lowwwwww. But then, what they gonna do with the ZX12R?
        Actually, looking at the ZX12R closely, I see a lot of the same parts and shapes...
        As for what they will do with the 12R - smoother, better handling. It already has lots of power...

PS - did you see the not-so-new "new" Honda VFR 800? Blah!

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I would say Busaess, A bit much body work for me, kinda like the Honda
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
            Actually, looking at the ZX12R closely, I see a lot of the same parts and shapes...
            As for what they will do with the 12R - smoother, better handling. It already has lots of power...

PS - did you see the not-so-new "new" Honda VFR 800? Blah!

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            In U.S, maybe they would be together, but in Spain, Kawasaki isnt a popular brand, so I guess than one of them would be out of the market.

Iīm seeing right now the "new" VFR in moto-station, jejeje.
            PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

Looks to be more tour than sport this year. I don't know, it might just be me. I am not liking it from what the vfr in the past has been.
              TDA Racing/Motorsports
              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
              Who knows what is next?
              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                Hmmm... I suspect also that it might be a 1300cc bike instead of 1400cc's based on the file names for the pictures... a quick pop by Motard-online.com for more info says they've been asked by Kawa to remove the pics from their site with a cease-and-desist order (hmmm)...

Analyzing the pictures:

Ram-air duct under front headlight assembly.

Gas tank either extends under the seat, or is a false tank cover (plastic?). WIth the increase in rise of the tank and the narrower appearance, odds are it's real and does carry more of the fuel lower (required for decent range out of the engine). Tank design would also imply a crappy fuel gauge (if any fuel gauge -- tank shape is hard to compensate for; most likely a low-level warning light instead), but does give a lower CG. Expect constant tummy-to-tank action, and hope your "package" isn't mashed on braking (better be some grip to that seat cover material).

Black rubberized-plastic streamlined side knee-panels won't weather well, based on similar plastics on other bikes from Kawa. I expect to see an aftermarket replacement or a revision to this design before it rolls out at dealers. Does have the advantage of being easier to grip with knees, though, and the out-and-about shape is used intentionally to open and help smoothly close the air-bubble at the rear of the bike (higher top speeds).

Rear lights faired in, blinkers on faired-in extends, like the last model, but looks a lot more like an '05 GSXR1k tail than the odd spaceship styling used previously.

:arrow I don't see anywhere to mount hardsided luggage with that tail (or with the up-swept pipes, though, implying may not be targeted at the real sports-touring segment... Unless they mount particularly high up, using the small bit of exposed rear subframe (just behind/above the passenger pegs) plus the rear grab bar mounting location as the mounting points. Even at that, I don't expect any available luggage to hold very much because of the flair of the tail assembly & the upswept pipes..

40 to 44 tooth rear sprocket... probably means the front is a 16 tooth for high top-end, since the 1300 or 1400 cc engine should make quite a lot of torque.

carbs would have to be history due to the emissions requirements. Thus, expect injectors and fuel pumps (fuel pump would be required if that tank is really that shape anyway). Note that the exhaust headers run forward a bit before curving back, possibly required to permit sufficient space for the catalytic converter that would be needed for emissions requirements.

Seat-to-handlebar reach puts the driver down against the tank, very Busa-like in that sense, and good for the aerodynamics. The Front end also looks like it's been reivsed for a good top-speed run.

Rear shock well hidden, implying a remote adjuster probably.

Front & rear brake rotors petal patterned, similar to the current Ninja offerings. Useful for a bike with this much heft. No sensor ring for ABS on any of the rotors implies no ABS offered. Raidal brake calipers front, but crappy brake line routing in the back... Hmmm...

heavy/long bar-end weights imply sports-touring.

mirrors look like they might be crap at speed, but closer look makes me notice the stabilizing wind slip design (notice the gap between the glass part at the back and the housing body)?

Windshield angle puts the head and shoulders in the windstream unless the driver is tucked, again implying they are going more sport than touring if it's still even to be considered the sports-tourer in their line-up. A lot of riders will have buffetting issues with the stock screen the way it is.

rubber-coated front & rear foot-pegs says sports tourer, but postioning and angles of the foot controls says sportier, with more than a 100 degree bend at the knee required for a typical adult mail. The cut-outs at the side of the tank (arm-shaped, going to the handlebars) also implies a lie-down tuck.

rake and trail are a bit steep for a sports-tourer. The wind-fairing for the front forks says speed as well.

--------
                They're also releasing a new 10R, see the official Kawa media press release here (with pictures). Didn't see anything on the ZZR1400 there though...

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Do you always have to psycho analyse everything all of the time, cant you just appreciate some things for what they are?

I like it and would have to RIDE one to pass judgement on it.

Tokalosh

Comment

If you would like he could be the devils advicate LOL
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  Who knows what is next?

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                    If you would like he could be the devils advicate LOL
                    He probably already is only he does not know it yet
                    Yet again hell might freeze over before the devil lets him take over...

Tokalosh

Comment

I have been to hell and finally left in May. Phoenix Arizona is as close to hell as you can get IMHO
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      Who knows what is next?

Comment

I read in Cycle World last month that it would be a 1300 , and it would probably have around 190 hp and 110 ft/lbs of torque . Pics they had looked very different too , but they probably just printed pics of the older model anyway . In any case , if I could afford it , I'd have one . I've always kinda like the ZZR's . Kinda like the Kats , but stronger and lighter .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I like it too..
                          I like the styling and the back to basics exhaust..

Also notice the lack of rubber on the passenger pegs, CP
                          How does the geometry stack up to bike like the Ducati S2?

Comment

Originally posted by Tokalosh
                            Do you always have to psycho analyse everything all of the time, cant you just appreciate some things for what they are?
                            Of course I can appreciate some things just for what they are -- that's why they made women

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

thaz, a bit too much bodywork? Are you kidding? what the hell; do we ride? lol we got nothin BUT fairing on the kats lol

Comment

Working...
                              X