No announcement yet.
X

Pics of Toys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In NHRA, a full roll cage is required to run faster than 11.00 in a T-Top car (they're treated the same as convertibles) What gives? Unless you're running in an organization I'm unfamiliar with.

At any rate, that's a damn fine car you got there!
    02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
    90 GSXR 750/1216
    96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
    87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
    sigpic

Comment

I don't have any pics of my RC stuff but I have a Parkzone FW190 and Stryker....also, have an electric Rustler, and Mini Baja

My dad is CFI, and he got this new toy I recently actually located for him by chance...and it will be the plane I finally get my license on....

this is not his actual plane, we don't have any pics uploaded yet-but his is similar in paint scheme and great shape...1980 Beeccraft Sundowner c23
      Last edited by jettajake00; 09-08-2009, 10:02 PM.
      vwvortex.com : jettajake00
      midmoriders.com :jettajake00
      Go Cardinals!

Comment

Originally posted by JimG4652 View Post
        In NHRA, a full roll cage is required to run faster than 11.00 in a T-Top car (they're treated the same as convertibles) What gives? Unless you're running in an organization I'm unfamiliar with.

At any rate, that's a damn fine car you got there!
        it's 10.00 or slow you can have a 6 point cage.. once your pass that, down to 7.50 (i think) you need a 8 point and it has to be cert by NHRA.. well, she is on the street to much to have a cage blocking the t-tops .. only one track hasen't kicked me out for running that fast.. BUT most have..

here is a video of me getting kicked out.. it was a 10 or slower street event and i went 9.55 at 145mph.. the track manager loved my car and let me slide on the full cage thing if i slowed her down.. i turned the boost down from 33psi to 20psi and still ran 9.96 on the brakes.. he didn't like that LOL..

first run.. the speaker person was reading off my sheet as to what i stated my car would run.. i stated 10.90's LOL..

we then installed a camera inside to get a view.. i blew out a header gasket on the first run, so you can hear the leak. it's a 4500 stall convertor on a trans brake, it takes a LONG time to spool the large turbo..
        second run..
        [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjmkt90-S6E"]YouTube - Mike in the Nines[/ame]

Comment

people just don't understand the capability of the grand, they are bad bad animals
          sigpic
          2004 hayabusa LE-my ride
          2006 ninja 250-the wifes ride

Riding is not just something you do, its a way of life.

Comment

Originally posted by ckholloway View Post
            people just don't understand the capability of the grand, they are bad bad animals
            true.. people don't understand that you can get 700RWHP out of a V6 without NOS... it takes 33 to 35 pounds of boost to do it, but what a rush..

this is my engine builders race car.. its a TWIN turbo v6 buick..(not street driven lol)
            [ame=http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e265/nordyracer87/my%20buick%20Grand%20National/?action=view&current=RacecarVideo11-24-04.flv][/ame]

Comment

Some of my toys

My 05 Cyclone Gray 6 speed GTO and the 67 Pontiac Tempest (the 67 has Rallye II wheels on it now).

A few more pics of the GTO:

A few of the other toys:

PTR 91 .308

Walther P99 .40

Comment

2002 Aprilia RST 1000 Futura.......

1991 Katana 600

2001 SV 650

2004 DR 650

1995 XR 200

2008 TTTR 50
                2008 TTR 110
                2005 Chink pocket bike...

2006 Kawi ZX6R 636 (track only)

2003 Subaru WRX...

Can't seem to find a pic of the quad, but it can be seen in here....

Lots of other toys, including my Ibenez guitar and RC cars, but those are my main toys....
                Ron
                MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

I want to go play at Ron's house.

Three of my current favorites.

The Roush

The Bandit - "Poncho Villa"

The Katana- "Cochise"

Comment

THE GN's are fun cars. I've owned a couple. Actually 1 GN and a 1 T-Type. I like the G-Body's. Problem is the Buick's are money pits. You get addicted to 'em and they start sucking up money faster than the Cash for Clunkers program.

I need to scan in some of the pics of the project cars I've had in the past.

The two I miss the most...

A mid 80's Buick G-Body wagon. My buddy inherited it from a relative with ULTRA low miles and mint. (including fake wood side trim). We dumped in a Caddy 500 / Turbo 400, and w/ 2.73 gears and street tires it was an absolute blast to smoke fast cars with that thing.

Mid 80's Malibu 2 door with complete GN drivetrain. Did I mention is was PRIMER? It was really close to stock....but it managed high 11's with sub 2.0 60 ft times.

Comment

Lots of nice toys! I dig the pink ATV's.

Comment

Figured I'd submit an updated picture of my dragster. The one I posted already was about 3 years old. This one was taken this past Saturday. Once you open the file, go to the top and rotate the picture clockwise. I tried rotating it and saving it to another file so I could load it on photobucket, but to no avail.

If anyone could tell me how, I'd appreciate it....
                        Attached Files
                        02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                        90 GSXR 750/1216
                        96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                        87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                        sigpic

Comment

Here is ONE of mine. Ray.
                          Attached Files
                          85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

Last edited by GSXfs600; 10-06-2009, 12:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

HA my garage looks like some of yours I am sure. 4 wheelers, dirt bikes, motorcycles, snowmobiles and a gazillion kids toys.

cant even get my cars in there. and when people come to visit, they sure do let me or my wife know that we have too many toys.

Pretty much being the kid at heart that I am I get this stuff to enjoy with my children, and my wife never partakes on the toys besides the motorcycle. haha ALL MINE
                              Bling....

Comment

My 1992 GMC Sierra, rebuilt for towing and hauling (I make my gas money in the winter pulling people out of ditches.
                                Next to that my 95 kat
                                Finally my 1982 Trans Am 90k original miles, sat for 11 years with the previous owner, I bought it for 300 dollars and it fired right up.

My 1993 Nissan 240sx, pushing 350 horse... someone hit and ran me in a walmart parking lot

Comment

Working...
                                X