X

2005 750 turbo katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by airforceranger49 View Post
    actually thats good to know... i still have an old 12a from a conquest that i threw a t3/t4 hybrid on back in the day

if its only that easy... the world is a lovely place
    no doubt...I spent way too many hours tinkering with my Starquests

Comment

Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanV View Post
        no doubt...I spent way too many hours tinkering with my Starquests
        yea me too... i had an 87 conquest for about three years that took up pretty much all of my time, lol... it ran low 10's when i was done with it tho

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
        "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
          You know, I've watched a lot of 636's run at the track..... I've seen some of them go SO incredibly fast that I couldn't believe it, and then I've seen some that went so slow, I used to wail on them on my Kat!

A turbo B12 might be an amazing thing.... but you could easily accomplish the same level of ridiculous with the bike you're on right now!
          It just proves it's all in the rider! Some days I'm fast and some days I'm just not. However, with my decently stock bike @ about 10k miles I ran a quarter at 10.9s according to the gps. The thing about the turbo B12 that would rattle me would not just be the added power. The thought of a turbo spooling up and hitting full boost at 6500RPM where the bandit already has around 80 ft/lbs working just sounds a little...awesome

But yeah, the ninja moves fast as holy hell. I've seen guys on KawiForums hit 9's on the stock wheelbase...sick...
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
            It just proves it's all in the rider! Some days I'm fast and some days I'm just not. However, with my decently stock bike @ about 10k miles I ran a quarter at 10.9s according to the gps. The thing about the turbo B12 that would rattle me would not just be the added power. The thought of a turbo spooling up and hitting full boost at 6500RPM where the bandit already has around 80 ft/lbs working just sounds a little...awesome

But yeah, the ninja moves fast as holy hell. I've seen guys on KawiForums hit 9's on the stock wheelbase...sick...
            Yeah, I've seen very low 10's (Like 10.0x) first-hand.... I've heard of 9's, as well. But then, I've seen a couple of 636's, and countless other 600 SS bikes running... oh.... 11.5.... 11.7.... hahahahahah

It must have been humiliating for them to always get beaten by my ratty old flat black katana....

That site I posted said the Bandit's bottom end will hold 300 hp..... YeeeHawwwww!
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

im thinking might do a 1127 swap with a turbo... once its done (with a ton of pics of course) may be a sticky DIY worthy?

"for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads

Comment

Originally posted by airforceranger49 View Post
                im thinking might do a 1127 swap with a turbo... once its done (with a ton of pics of course) may be a sticky DIY worthy?
                I think anything well-described with lots of pictures is sticky-worthy.....

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post

It must have been humiliating for them to always get beaten by my ratty old flat black katana....
                  My roommate had a 2001 katana 750 that was all rashed up, missing a passenger peg etc etc...we went out the first day I got my bike. I could pull him coming out of corners into straights but that was about it. He sold it a few weeks ago and three days before he took me in a drag from a stop. It's amazing how many people think just because you have a newer or more powerful bike that you're gonna be faster. A friend at home has a 400cc Honda dirtbike that keeps up until about 70. You best believe I can't run 10's consistently I think my lowest was an 11.6 and I averaged around 11 flat. Not bad for buying the bike in may

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

My roommate had a 2001 katana 750 that was all rashed up, missing a passenger peg etc etc...we went out the first day I got my bike. I could pull him coming out of corners into straights but that was about it. He sold it a few weeks ago and three days before he took me in a drag from a stop. It's amazing how many people think just because you have a newer or more powerful bike that you're gonna be faster. A friend at home has a 400cc Honda dirtbike that keeps up until about 70. You best believe I can't run 10's consistently I think my lowest was an 11.6 and I averaged around 11 flat. Not bad for buying the bike in may
                    Yeah, don't feel bad. 636's are a lot harder to launch, being so short. They're a little more prone to lofting the front end.

That's why I think Katana's make the perfect drag platform.....

Comment

I wont agree with perfect just because but wonderful is the word I would use. When you're in a sport that requires hard launches, it's just not gonna happen with a 55" wheelbase, a 350lb bike and any more than stock horsepower (125 crank, about 110bhp if I remember right). But with a Katana, the extra weight plays great. When I have to let off a bit because I'm looking at the sky (on a stock bike), the Katana just keeps plowing ahead. Launching a 636 ninja at 11k rpms...you better have a 12 bar. Launching a built Katana-framed drag bike (Its Not a Knife comes to mind) at 11k rpms is gonna keep that front end planted and that summonabitch is flat moving L&L one of these days I'm gonna bring my Lincoln up to OH and see what you think about sound system potential...

Oh yeah, sorry to the OP for the hijack, but nothing was happening and it's kinda related

Comment

I wont agree with perfect just because but wonderful is the word I would use. When you're in a sport that requires hard launches, it's just not gonna happen with a 55" wheelbase, a 350lb bike and any more than stock horsepower (125 crank, about 110bhp if I remember right). But with a Katana, the extra weight plays great. When I have to let off a bit because I'm looking at the sky (on a stock bike), the Katana just keeps plowing ahead. Launching a 636 ninja at 11k rpms...you better have a 12 bar. Launching a built Katana-framed drag bike (Its Not a Knife comes to mind) at 11k rpms is gonna keep that front end planted and that summonabitch is flat moving L&L one of these days I'm gonna bring my Lincoln up to OH and see what you think about sound system potential...

Oh yeah, sorry to the OP for the hijack, but nothing was happening and it's kinda related
                        Alright, well you have to tell me.....what kind of audio system are we talking about here?

Comment

Originally posted by KeWLKaT View Post
                          Just a FYI... You are not OBLIGATED to watercool watercooled turbos... I have used watercooled turbos without connecting any water on them, and just let it cool with the oil going through. It's all in how you use them.

Also, why the megasquirt when there are so many other options available, such as the Walbro and AEM units...
                          Can anyone verify this info about water-cooled turbo's? Im clueless to this subject.

Comment

I do agree... the paint looks nice.

Comment

Originally posted by ericej2344 View Post
                              Can anyone verify this info about water-cooled turbo's? Im clueless to this subject.

you can run a water cooled turbo on just oil, and block off your water ports... but that doesnt make it a good idea... it will run hotter, thus hampering performance, and the hotter it runs, the faster it will burn up... and if you keep your bike in the higher rev's like i do, you could easily burn one up in one season

my build threads

Comment

Wow a bike section that incorporates something I know. I consider myself a DSM guru (ive owned about 8 of em / 7 being stock turbo). The DSM turbos can be ran on oil only and that is usually the first mod I do on them. Now. When that is done people usually get a turbo timer due to the fact the oil needs to continue flow for a little so it won't cake up due to the heat.

Comment

Working...
                                X