No announcement yet.
X

Lowered the bike today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol reading through old threads... lol the kat being lowered isnt too much of my thing but i bought a kat that has been lowered and now trying a way to get it higher a bit :P. here is a pic of it right now... the 1st owner must have been really short..
    Vlad The Russian

Comment

lol way too short brother
      1992- project katfighter
      2005- GSXR750
      2001- TL1000R
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
        lol yea its pretty sad... im 6 ft tall and its not working out for me at all... my 6'5 bro sat on it and it looked like he was on one of them pocket bikes.you know if there is any way to raise it without new parts?
        Vlad The Russian

Comment

I know some people use adjustable lowering links. but if the po used non adjusable links then you'll need to find stock. I would send ya the set off my parts bike, but they are non adjustable 2" drop as well
          1992- project katfighter
          2005- GSXR750
          2001- TL1000R
          www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

its ok ill find a stock one, thnx thou. kinda want the rear to be higher cuz im rly not into the lowering cuz than i cant sit comfortably.
            Vlad The Russian

Comment

I love lowered kats if their extended. mines extended and looks pretty slick
              Find a bike with a stock motor that has miles than mine and ill personally send you a certificate declaring your awesomness

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad View Post
                the 1st owner must have been really short...
                Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
                What's wrong with being short?
                sigpic

“Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me.”

“Immaturity is the incapacity to use one's intelligence without the guidance of another.”

Immanuel Kant

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkerbell View Post
                  What's wrong with being short?
                  lol no problem with short people... just problem with getting bike from short people
                  Vlad The Russian

Comment

Originally posted by Erki View Post
                    ne-oublie on here custom makes links to whatever drop you want. The install isnt too bad. I think rok_stars_bars did a write up on here on the install too on his kat.
                    I msged him and he said he wasn't doing them anymore. Don't recall if he wasn't doing them entirely or just for the pre's
                    I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
                    -Unholy m-
                    Current project: Un-Katchable
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgreer23 View Post
                      I msged him and he said he wasn't doing them anymore. Don't recall if he wasn't doing them entirely or just for the pre's
                      He made mine for my Post
                      sigpic
                      Update Jul 11 2014
                      Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Lowering suggestion

Being short of inseam, I've lowered many a bike and the best way is to put spacers under the fork damping spring tubes. It looks original and works super perfectly. Dog bones for the rear. A 1- 1.5" drop equal at both ends won't upset handling. If anyone needs a tutorial on the prcedure let me know. Repalcing the fork seals makes the effort all the more woth while.

Comment

Not that I am interested (I'd rather raise my tail end), but you could always write a 'how to' and put it in the how to section.
                          1992- project katfighter
                          2005- GSXR750
                          2001- TL1000R
                          www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

Originally posted by gentlemanjim View Post
                            Being short of inseam, I've lowered many a bike and the best way is to put spacers under the fork damping spring tubes. It looks original and works super perfectly. Dog bones for the rear. A 1- 1.5" drop equal at both ends won't upset handling. If anyone needs a tutorial on the prcedure let me know. Repalcing the fork seals makes the effort all the more woth while.
                            Not sure what you mean but I can't think of how that would work on a Kat..

Comment

if anyone has a decent solution to drop a 97 kat please let me know...post's are easier to find. It'll be the 2nd year that my gf won't ride her bike if I can't find a solution

Comment

just find the lowering links or dogbones or w.e u call them
                                Vlad The Russian

Comment

Working...
                                X