No announcement yet.
X

Wife's new SV650S

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fairings themselves will fit but some of the hardware wouldn't fit. A brkt or two and one of the bolts that actually goes through to the engine . The 650 has a spacer and the 1000 it goes straight into the head . The dealer is checking into to get me the right hardware kit . Same part number for both the 650 and 1000 but it only came with directions and hardware for the 1000 . Go figure. I could probably get the bolts myself and mod the brkt but if they can get it quickly I won't bother. I modified the seat myself today with an electric knife to cut the foam and finished shaped it with 80 grit then recovered it . It worked great she can nearly flat foot it now . My first time doing a seat and it worked great. Took out about 1'5 . Not sure if we need to do the dogbones now. I'll let her ride it a bit and let her decide. BTW next time I'll try and get her to wear the matching bikini bottom
    Mind over matter , if you don't mind it doesn't matter

Comment

I did get to ride the Sv today and actually it really nice . Lot's of of bottom end and with the light weight it's quite fun. I can't wait till it has some miles on it so I can really open it up . This thing will probably give the kat a run for it's money in the straights and smoke it in the corners with some good tires ! It feels very different though with the V twin . The only other V twin I've riden was the 1200 sportster I had and this thing at only 650 cc would flat out smoke that thing anywhere !! Also the fuel Inj is really nice . Starts great and off idle is smoooth .

Comment

I have an '06 naked SV on loan to me right now.... they are nice bikes.

The only thing that really irritates me about it is how touchy the throttle can be when starting out...
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Here is a pic of the hugger and the modified seat.
          [img]
          Shot with KODAK DX7630 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2007-07-08
          [/img]
          Shot with KODAK DX7630 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2007-07-08

Comment

Originally posted by redpiranha
            The fairings themselves will fit but some of the hardware wouldn't fit. A brkt or two and one of the bolts that actually goes through to the engine . The 650 has a spacer and the 1000 it goes straight into the head . The dealer is checking into to get me the right hardware kit . Same part number for both the 650 and 1000 but it only came with directions and hardware for the 1000 . Go figure. I could probably get the bolts myself and mod the brkt but if they can get it quickly I won't bother. I modified the seat myself today with an electric knife to cut the foam and finished shaped it with 80 grit then recovered it . It worked great she can nearly flat foot it now . My first time doing a seat and it worked great. Took out about 1'5 . Not sure if we need to do the dogbones now. I'll let her ride it a bit and let her decide. BTW next time I'll try and get her to wear the matching bikini bottom
            OH I see. Cant wait to see the pics with the hugger and fairing on!
            Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Man those SVs look tough! Excellent choice!
              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
              JOHN 16:33

Comment

Hugger looks NICE!!!! Big Balls to go cut on the seat right away!!!!! nice work!
                Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

.... This thing will probably give the kat a run for it's money in the straights and smoke it in the corners with some good tires!...
                  Of that you can be sure...(My wife say's "Told ya so!")

Comment

Nice ride - love the color.
                    Rock out with your knee out

FREE utilities for your PC

Comment

Here is a pic of the hugger and the modified seat.
                      [img]
                      Where's the wife in the bikini?
                      Check out Motojour.com.

Red is the fastest color!

Comment

I did get to ride the Sv today and actually it really nice . Lot's of of bottom end and with the light weight it's quite fun. I can't wait till it has some miles on it so I can really open it up . This thing will probably give the kat a run for it's money in the straights and smoke it in the corners with some good tires ! It feels very different though with the V twin . The only other V twin I've riden was the 1200 sportster I had and this thing at only 650 cc would flat out smoke that thing anywhere !! Also the fuel Inj is really nice . Starts great and off idle is smoooth .
                        Very cool. It sounds like a fun ride for sure. I'll have to try one out at some point. I can't wait to see it with the additions.
                        Me
                        http://www.myspace.com/alllostthings

Comment

my buddy actually wrecked my SV650, so i got a kat as a replacement. I'd definitely recommend a slipon for the SV; that vtwin sounds REALLY awesome when opened up. Stock it kinda sounds like a sewing machine to me. I loved my SV to death, dare I say a good bit more than the kat

Comment

looks good

Comment

Any pics of it with lowers on yet?
                              Simon Alexander
                              Owasso, Oklahoma

1973 GT750K Water Buffalo - Gone but never forgotten.
                              2006 GSX600F Katana

Comment

Oh yeah.. She's petite...

Originally posted by bikerscars
                                wow

that bike is huge

or your better half is petite

Comment

Working...
                                X