X

Blacked out signals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Nightshades stuff only comes in black
    BUT You could use any color transparent paint.
    You can just go find a red transparent paint like the dupli-color metal cast paints and spray over any lens. Keep in mind the color of the lights may change slightly...
    Putting a red paint over an amber lens may changethe color a little more red then amber.
    98 GSX750F
    95 Honda VT600 vlx
    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

that looks good

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

where do you buy the nightshades paint, i did a search and came up empty
        SFC Smith US Army Iraqi War Veteran.
        Honda 919 Rider

Comment

i was talking to a friend of mine 24 hours ago about how i need to get shaded lenses for my Kat, but just couldnt work it into the budget for a while - thanks for the heads up on 'nightshades' - i'll look into it.

and while we're at it: big ups for the photos! getting shots like those of flashing signals with a digital camera - i wouldnt have had the patience, my friend. i admire you.

Comment

how much is the paint u used. i found a different brand that run from about $15-30 a can. Which is still a lot cheaper than buying the tinted lenses.
            SFC Smith US Army Iraqi War Veteran.
            Honda 919 Rider

Comment

what bulbs do you have in there? clear or amber?

Comment

looks good man!
                Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

Re: Blacked out signals

Originally posted by chinto
                  Originally posted by hardlydangerous
                  ...maybe not the safest but oh well.

maybe you should change your handle to ....somewhatdangerous

looks good

Comment

They are completely stock signals (clear bulbs with amber lenses)

I bought the nightshades lens paint at the automotive warehouse in St Catherines ontario for aprox $12, But I've heard that Keystone and canadian tire can also order it. Actually any automotive or bike shop that sells VHT paints should be able to order it.
                    98 GSX750F
                    95 Honda VT600 vlx
                    08 Tsu SX200

Comment

Looks great...I hate the white turn signals on my 06 just stands out to much...
                      "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

Found a link http://72.10.43.141/nightshades.htm

Comment

It says "off road use only" I didn't know you could ride a katana in the dirt...

Comment

Originally posted by madkatana
                            It says "off road use only" I didn't know you could ride a katana in the dirt...
                            that just means Not DOT approved. most everything aftermarket will say that. my exhaust says race use only lol

Comment

Originally posted by madkatana
                              If you can't ride any bike in the dirt you should not be riding...
                              I travel hundreds of miles on gravel roads every year.

but many if not most aftermarket signals, bulbs pipes, etc say.. for off road use only.
                              98 GSX750F
                              95 Honda VT600 vlx
                              08 Tsu SX200

Comment

Looking good
                                Watch for your Guardian Angel
                                750 '04 Kat (blue)

Comment

Working...
                                X