Clear All

• got it done finally

[ATTACH]20229[/ATTACH]

Comment

• Originally posted by jackedup93 View Post
      [ATTACH]20229[/ATTACH]

That bike is straight sexy

Originally posted by Eskimo10 View Post
      Stay away really? Whys that? Is there any advantage over a free flowing air filter like that versus the stock airbox?

Well unless you want to re-jet your carbs to account for the additional air flow... I'd stay away. The kat is not like a fuel injected bike where you can just throw parts at it and it'll automatically compensate for the changes.... you have a balance of air to fuel that you need to keep.
      Last edited by RedKat91; 05-12-2011, 08:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

• Originally posted by jackedup93 View Post
        [ATTACH]20229[/ATTACH]
        Very Nice!
        Former Marine 3/97-3/01
        MOS 0161 Semper FI!
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RedKat91 View Post
          Well unless you want to re-jet your carbs to account for the additional air flow... I'd stay away. The kat is not like a fuel injected bike where you can just throw parts at it and it'll automatically compensate for the changes.... you have a balance of air to fuel that you need to keep.
          Ah I see, well my carbs are still in the process of being cleaned/synced/tuned anyway, so thats not a problem at the moment. I'll have to find some type of DIY on that. Thanks all!

Comment

• Well someone did make a list about modding and what type of jettings to use for different kinds of mods (based on Bike and year) but unfortunately I don't remember who or where it is at the moment. If you can find this list then you'll know what type of jetting you need to change yours to in order to compensate for different parts. (ie. different header pipe, different exhaust, different air filter or pods.... etc.)

ALSO, I forgot to mention, that having PODS for air intake means you'll have to make sure each of your carbs is tuned properly, as the pods will suck in air on their own, not shared from an airbox.
            Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

• thank you was alot of work

Comment

• hey wear did u get that cowl for your bike

Comment

• Cowl

Originally posted by chico View Post
                  hey wear did u get that cowl for your bike
                  Ebay all my plastics were in bad shape i wreck it eight years ago and pieced it back together with other peeps throw aways this year my bro inlaw hours repairing them which lives in indy took all of the plastics back to indy with him and spent 185 hours repairing them and repainting them

Comment

• My 96 Black Kat Project

This is the way it looked when I got it last weekend...photo.jpg

Comment

• Hey Guys and Gals. Love the site. Got some great info here which helped me mod my Kat over the winter. Here is a before and a few after pics. These were taken with my phone so they are kind of crappy. I'll post some better ones when I get them.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by pf2324; 06-02-2011, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pf2324 View Post
                        Hey Guys and Gals. Love the site. Got some great info here which helped me mod my Kat over the winter. Here is a before and a few after pics. These were taken with my phone so they are kind of crappy. I'll post some better ones when I get them.
                        Nice man, like the green lightning!
                        sigpic
                        Sometimes life throws you a few curves...lean with it ! !

Comment

• Its almost a purple in the light, but I guess you could classify it as black

Cleaned her up a bit, took off the center stand & made a temporary fender eliminator by cutting the plastic off, and moving the liscene plate bracket up. (Also took out the liscence plate light)
                          1999 600 Katana
                          sigpic

Comment

• I thought this is what a black kat should look like.
                            1992- project katfighter
                            2005- GSXR750
                            2001- TL1000R
                            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                            www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                            KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                            KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

• where did you get your cowl from?

Comment

• Here's mine, Dirt and all