X

saddle bags

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saddle bags

Anyone have an opinion on the Moto-Direct saddle bags and tail bags as far as quality? I'm thinking of buying some. Wait'n for some feedback first.
    Thanks
    Scott

Never heard of them . Got any links ?
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

saddlebags

Scott

Comment

Have you ever considered Nelson Rigg saddle bags. They cost a bit more (around $90.00) but well worth it. I can put plenty of stuff in mine (expandable) and they came with hand straps and a shoulder strap.

Comment

Nelson Rigg is great stuff.. saddle bags and tank bags.. that stuff lasts forever and is pretty much bullet proof from what ive seen.

Comment

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but anyone have some tips on how they install the saddlebags so they don't dammage the paint? Seems like every way i try to install mine, looks like it's going to scrape the paint during a ride.

Aramis

Comment

I did a 700 mile trip last summer with my Nelson-Rigg bags and used nothing but the foam pads that came with them and I didn't get any scratches or blemishes at all.
              2005 Aprilia RST1000
              2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
              1998 Chevy Tahoe
              www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

Originally posted by Aramis
                I don't mean to hijack the thread, but anyone have some tips on how they install the saddlebags so they don't dammage the paint? Seems like every way i try to install mine, looks like it's going to scrape the paint during a ride.

Aramis
                Start a thread about this. I am sure that you will get useful responses. I have seen people put clear vinyl like plastic wrap over the tail before putting on the bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Aramis
                  I don't mean to hijack the thread, but anyone have some tips on how they install the saddlebags so they don't dammage the paint?
                  Clear 3M out-door grade vinyl laminate, or a big sheet of static-cling vinyl cut to shape is probably the best solution. A lot of riders use simpler methods like a sheet of felt or flannel from a fabric store (or cut up old T-shirt), but you have to be careful to fasten it down well (so it won't blow away or fold under) and also remember to wash it regularly (so it won't hold sand against the paint).

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                  X