X

where to get euro helmets?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to get euro helmets?

Does anyone know where i can buy the european style helmets. I saw them on here once but do not know where to get them. I like the whole darth vaderish look.

Try these vendors in the USA:

Discover the latest high-end motorcycle helmets, from full face to vintage styles, and everything in between.

If that doesn't do it, come up with a name brand and I'll find you somewhere to order them. Note that some Euro-helmets do not meet DOT requirements (which in my mind aren't as strict or as good as current Euro-spec), and so aren't legal for compliance... although I have never EVER seen a cop or other official check a real (non-novelty) helmet for compliance imprint in the USA.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

How about Europe?? Take a flight and buy it there....

But seriously...check out the current Super Street Bike or 2WheelTuner....the advertisers in the back of those magazines have the sites you can buy them at...you don't even have to buy the magazine just go into your local Barnes and Noble and sit and flip through the magazine bring a notebook and pen and write down everything you need..
      Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Comment

Comment

Taking self portraits again huh range ?

Comment

What exactly makes the helmet 'euro'?
              One day....

Comment

Originally posted by durtyspeed
                They like going to cafés and buying their food a the local market each day?
                "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Originally posted by durtyspeed
                  It's made in Europe... ...also many are not DOT approved because of one thing or another...they usually have the European standard safety certifications....not to say they are better or worst than DOT or Snell but different....the arguement is that the european standards/helmets are made different to protect the head differently...yes it sounds confusing but if you read the contriversial motorcyle article in Motocyclist "Blowing the lid off" on page 64 of the June 2005 edition it explains everything.

Also they look like Darth Vader/Flight Helmets:

(Took the above pic from DooD. He just bought this lid)
                  Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                  Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Whats a 'spanish' one look like? Lol.
                    One day....

Comment

I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I bought mine from www.designerhelmets.com

They were excellent about contacting me and general communications.....They also carry all three you posted (Simpson, Craft, and Roof, as well as Cromwell, Momo, Draxtar, Schuberth, Caberg, Osbe, etc) but you gotta realize that they don't come too cheap - my total cost to get it was about $825, including the original shipping, and a fairly big delivery charge at the door.

You can also try www.lidsforless.co.uk.
                        FrankenKat 1216
                        GS Fiter 816
                        GSXR750! (race)

Comment

None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
                          -Robert Morrison

"
                          well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

Since insurance companies are intent on containing costs, should I give them another way to weasel out of paying my claim? I would worry about them finding out my helmet didn't have DOT approval. For me that trumps the cool design factor.

Yes, I recognize this is inconsistent with my preference for non-DOT-approved headlamps and brake lines.

Comment

Working...
                            X