X

ever heard of yama helmet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
    scorpion or HJC. Look at sales on sites like Sportbiketrackgear.com and stop shopping at the overpriced Cycle Gear...
    Originally posted by steves View Post
    Or shop via the motorcylcegear.com affliiate link in my signature.

Cyclegear has started carrying more and more crap. The dealerships carry cheap crap, because that's what cheap people buy.
    Cool. I only went to the actual stores because I wanted to try them on. If I can get a good helmet at a good price I will definitely look into online shopping.

Comment

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
      scorpion or HJC. Look at sales on sites like Sportbiketrackgear.com and stop shopping at the overpriced Cycle Gear...
      Or shop via the motorcylcegear.com affliiate link in my signature.

Cyclegear has started carrying more and more crap. The dealerships carry cheap crap, because that's what cheap people buy.
      If buying online, how do you know if something is going to fit you? Or do you try and find it in stores first, and then buy it online?
      First motorcycle - new project
      1992 Suzuki GSX600F Katana

Comment

You'll have to locate stores that carry the product. I understand it's a craps shoot sometimes
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by MEngineer View Post
          If buying online, how do you know if something is going to fit you? Or do you try and find it in stores first, and then buy it online?
          I try in store at times or order online and if it does not fit I buy from sites with free return shipping to swap into a different model.
          I am a Penn State fanatic.
          Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

I'm not sure what the track rules are Stateside, but up here the two tracks I'm familiar with want you to have a helmet that's Snell approved, and it has a seven year maximum. My Zox is both DOT and Snell approved, but my daily helmet is an HJC which is only DOT approved.
            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
            ------------------------------------------
            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by MEngineer View Post
              Thats the reason I always went into stores but I guess before I purchase one I find online I hope there is a store near with it so I can try it on.

Comment

The problem is the stores are all carrying crap quality stuff now.
                -Steve

sigpic

Comment

The problem is the stores are all carrying crap quality stuff now.
                  Tre, or either its so much money for a good one. I have a shoei helmet on my wish list. (in my head)

Comment

You get no excuses when MC Gear offers a deal like this one:
                    When I first put on the HJC IS-Max BT helmet I could not help but notice that the helmet has a more rounded shape to the crown. The design and the...
                    -Steve

sigpic

Comment

You get no excuses when MC Gear offers a deal like this one:
                      http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...le_helmet.html
                      Geez probably will switch to HJC after my scorpion gets really bad (already has some broken vents, ect.)

Comment

To answer the original question, years ago Yamaha did sell helmuts that were made by someone else. They were color matched to the bikes. I had one that matched my 1974 RD 350. It was purple with the Yamaha white and black stripe on it.

Comment

Originally posted by 41 Redhawk View Post
                          To answer the original question, years ago Yamaha did sell helmuts that were made by someone else. They were color matched to the bikes. I had one that matched my 1974 RD 350. It was purple with the Yamaha white and black stripe on it.
                          thanks

Comment

And apparently they still do sell helmets:

Comment

no one said they did not have an online store that sold gear or that they licensed their name to be used on gear. We said they did not MAKE helmets.

reading is fun
                              I am a Penn State fanatic.
                              Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

I shop at motorhelmets.com as they are in the next town or I shop a t denniskirk.com check out the close outs there https://www.denniskirk.com/hjc/cl-sp.../3302105XS.sku
                                Last edited by H-2 CHARLIE; 08-13-2013, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X