X

ever heard of yama helmet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ever heard of yama helmet?

I tried on a yama helmet the other day and it feels way better than my bilt. I was wondering are they good helmets or are the cheap. A friend of mine told me they were made by yamaha but I cant find any information online that justifies that. What do you think of yama helmets?

Guess im the only one who heard of it.

Comment

cut a watermellon in half and it will feel higher end then that crappy Bilt.

If you have to ask if anyone knows about a brand of helmet.........prolly best to move to something else.
      I am a Penn State fanatic.
      Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

They would not be made by yamaha, yamaha makes motorcycles and pianos not helmets.

It's probably a cheapy knockoff chinese brand.

If you want a cheap helmet, go buy a Bell. They at least pass crash test ratings.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
          cut a watermellon in half and it will feel higher end then that crappy Bilt.

If you have to ask if anyone knows about a brand of helmet.........prolly best to move to something else.

True. I decided not to buy it already but I wanted to know if it was really made by yamaha. Bilt helmet are crappy im ready to move on.

Originally posted by steves View Post
          They would not be made by yamaha, yamaha makes motorcycles and pianos not helmets.

It's probably a cheapy knockoff chinese brand.

If you want a cheap helmet, go buy a Bell. They at least pass crash test ratings.
          I was thinking prob china made but wasnt sure of it. All dot helmets dont pass crash test ratings?

Comment

half shell lids for hardleys and such are DOT certified. not to hard to get that certification and not an indicator of safety at all.

Snell and the new european standard are better.

Comment

half shell lids for hardleys and such are DOT certified. not to hard to get that certification and not an indicator of safety at all.

Snell and the new european standard are better.
              cool, when I finally upgrade hopefully I can afford a snell helmet, but in the meantime I will look into bell. Thanks for all the info soulpatch and steves

Comment

There's some argument over whether or not Snell approved helmets are "better" for you or not.

Personally I don't have a $50 head, so I wear a Shoei.
                -Steve

sigpic

Comment

There's some argument over whether or not Snell approved helmets are "better" for you or not.

My best friend dad says the same thing and will only where a shoei. He loves them and said he will never wear another helmet.

Comment

wtf is your price range? Seriously this is your head. You can get a lot of awesome helmets for 200 and race helmets for less then 300

Comment

I wear Scorpion.

Snell has much higher impact standards... The rest are on par with DOT requirements... All Snell approved helmets should also have a DOT approval as well.. It may not be "better" for you, but it isn't worse.

Comment

wtf is your price range? Seriously this is your head. You can get a lot of awesome helmets for 200 and race helmets for less then 300
                        Honestly I got a $200 helmet fund right now. When im out on my motorcycle and I ride by a store such as cyclegear, and some dealerships that sells helmets I stop by and look at one for comfort( I don't know much about ratings) just know I cant get anything worse than my bilt helmet. I also ask a sales associate if they ride motorcycles and do they know anything about a helmet. Currently I am looking at a seven zero seven and an icon helmet at cyclegear thats in my price range. Before I purchased another one I was going to do a lot of research online about them so I dont feel like a dummy after buying one again. Since bell was bought up I was going to do some research on that to see how much more do I have to save up to afford one of those.

Comment

HJC is a decent middle of the road helmet, and you can probably find one in the $200 price range (if it fits you).
                          -Steve

sigpic

Comment

scorpion or HJC. Look at sales on sites like Sportbiketrackgear.com and stop shopping at the overpriced Cycle Gear...

Comment

Or shop via the motorcylcegear.com affliiate link in my signature.

Cyclegear has started carrying more and more crap. The dealerships carry cheap crap, because that's what cheap people buy.
                              -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X