X

im in love with this helmet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im in love with this helmet

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X45-8trT-YQ&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X45-8trT-YQ&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

priced at 109 .. what do you guys think?
    !!Never Doubt an Engineer!!
    BMW 335 XI S.O.- Suzuki Katana 600
    ! life is good !

Originally posted by MOtana View Post
    priced at 109 .. what do you guys think?
    I think it's a cheap helmet with a flashy paint job. Not only is it not Snell certified, but it's also a modular helmet.

Couldn't give me one for free
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I like the graphics but if it doesn't meet basic safety requirements, it's a no-go.

Having said that, I read Bell fell off over the years but I still went and copped this bad boy. Fits like a glove and I think the graphics are pretty awesome.

Extra life.

Comment

Snell isn't a 'basic' safety requirement. And there is nothing wrong with Bell helmets as long as your not cheap and you get one of their good models.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

what would be a good dual visor helmet then that you guys would recommend?
          ! life is good !

Comment

I personaly would recomend the Scorpion Line of helmets, the 1100 or 500 series. I have the 500 and love it.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

it needs flames

Comment

Originally posted by MOtana View Post
                what would be a good dual visor helmet then that you guys would recommend?
                HJC IS-16 is also a nice lid. It is what I have been using for the past two years...
                I am a Penn State fanatic.
                Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

im more lost than ever now, hehehe, too many options lol but i still love the dual visors for sure.

thanks everyone
                  ! life is good !

Comment

Gethe helmet that is the right shape for your head.
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I have a IS-16 and just switch to the EXO 1100 Freedom. I like the 1100 much better especially the air pump pads... The 1100 is lighter too.
                      2014 Ducati Monster 1200
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

I bought one of the Scorpion Exo 1000's on closeout from SportBikeTrackGear.com for $125. Has the internal sun visor (dial visor) and a lot of other good features. Plus, its a $300 helmet you can get for $125 ($135 shipped). Its also the best helmet Ive owned about keeping wind noise down.

I will also tell you that I bought a nice Fulmer modular helmet when I first started riding. After laying my bike down and hitting my head on the pavement, which caused the front to flip open partially... I will NEVER wear a modular helmet again or recommend them to anyone who's safety I care about.

Comment

Helmet

The dual visor idea is great. I need to get one.

Comment

my Gmax HAD a dual visor. but they put it on the outside of the helmet and after a year of high speed winds, the ratchet mechanism broke.. but its still a good helmet. i just wear sunglasses on sunny days. and i agree with scotty. get a helmet that fits your head. i have a cheep bell, a Gmax 68S, and a scorpion exo 400. my gmax fits me perfectly, the scorpion is good enough to not be annoying, and the bell (again VERY cheep, and slightly over-sized) is the worst. go to a dealer ship and try some on. then go online and find a GOOD price on that helmet
                            if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                              Gethe helmet that is the right shape for your head.
                              simple yet complicated lol

Originally posted by green_bread View Post
                              I bought one of the Scorpion Exo 1000's on closeout from SportBikeTrackGear.com for $125. Has the internal sun visor (dial visor) and a lot of other good features. Plus, its a $300 helmet you can get for $125 ($135 shipped). Its also the best helmet Ive owned about keeping wind noise down.

I will also tell you that I bought a nice Fulmer modular helmet when I first started riding. After laying my bike down and hitting my head on the pavement, which caused the front to flip open partially... I will NEVER wear a modular helmet again or recommend them to anyone who's safety I care about.
                              well said buddy, and thanks for sharring, def. will get it this week, i feel more conf. not to even think about Modular helmet too now.

Originally posted by stittw View Post
                              The dual visor idea is great. I need to get one.
                              Yes Sir, and it comes handy when the sun is in and out with them clouds playn us on a sunny day lol

Originally posted by boomer_95 View Post
                              my Gmax HAD a dual visor. but they put it on the outside of the helmet and after a year of high speed winds, the ratchet mechanism broke.. but its still a good helmet. i just wear sunglasses on sunny days. and i agree with scotty. get a helmet that fits your head. i have a cheep bell, a Gmax 68S, and a scorpion exo 400. my gmax fits me perfectly, the scorpion is good enough to not be annoying, and the bell (again VERY cheep, and slightly over-sized) is the worst. go to a dealer ship and try some on. then go online and find a GOOD price on that helmet
                              its a pain in the a.s.s to wear glasses ( i wear prescription glasses with my helmet .. too much work and never comfy lol )

speaking of prescription glasses ... does anyone know the best way to get prescription motorcycle helmet visor .. is it the case where i can get this done at an glasses-shop or do i need to buy special helemets for that? Oh man, if i can make this happen, that will make riding more fun << cuz i wear glasses and not the most fun thing to do on a bike lool
                              Last edited by MOtana; 06-29-2012, 06:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                              ! life is good !

Comment

Working...
                              X