X

Fieldsheer Eiffel Tower II Tank Bag $46 Special

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fieldsheer Eiffel Tower II Tank Bag $46 Special

I purchased the Fieldsheer Eiffel Tower Tank Bag from http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...-Tank-Bag.aspx

I installed it yesterday, The thing is Huge! Here are a few pics.

Start by pulling the fairings and unbolting the fuel tank.

it comes with two straps. the smaller one goes tru the looped end of the bigger one and makes a "T" under the fuel tank. be sure to face the buckles in the correct direction and make sure to run the belts over the top of any fuel/vacumn lines.

make sure the buckles are facing the correct way before bolting the tank back up.

below is a pic of where the strap looks like it will wear pretty quik on a post kat .

my solution was electrical tape

both bags together

larger bag only

smaller bag only

the bottom will fit all the tools and chain lube with plenty of room for an extra helmet. it also converts into a backpack. Couldn't pass up on the price for as much versatility this bag offers. i give it
    "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
    1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
    2006 Suzuki Katana 600

That looks terrific and the price is incredible. I was looking at that bag a while ago and the price was a lot higher. I just ordered mine. I'd rather have a magnetic base but...

Can't see myself ever stacking the bags, though. I like being able to see the gauges.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

i can see the gauges just fine. It's alittle auckward the first time down the road with it. but after a few adjustments i found a good spot for it. now i have something to lay on while on those long hauls.

2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Can you see over the top of the bag fully extended

Looks great though
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Looks obscenely tall with both bags, but I imagine you've got the kitchen sink in there as well.
          2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
          2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
            Can you see over the top of the bag fully extended

Looks great though
            fully extended i can see 1/4 of the top gauges and can rest my chin on the top i put all my crap that i had in my back pack i.e"allen sets, cresent wrenck a few wrenches , wire ties, wire , connectors , chain libe and varius others and only filled up two of the smaller side pockets. i ran out of things to try and put in there and didnt put dent in it.

Originally posted by diavolo View Post
            Looks obscenely tall with both bags, but I imagine you've got the kitchen sink in there as well.
            u can buy an extra mount for $4 and us the larger bag on the tail. just ordered one last night.

Last edited by flash007; 07-14-2011, 12:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

I have a Nelson Riggs setup like that. You'll find it very comfy to lean on about 200 miles down the road. Just make sure your bars are free. Nice bag!
              Last edited by zuma; 07-13-2011, 07:45 AM. Reason: JooJoo bunnies bumped my arm

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

It's an awesome bag especially for $40 down from $115. I ordered one also about 3 weeks ago. It's bigger than you would imagine and exactly what you would need for most any trip, or at least a great start. I've got this as well as some soft BILT saddle bags on sale ($40) from Cycle Gear. For as much as you can put in it and as heavy as it would be, I think only the small bag would work with the magnetic base.

Comment

i got same bag in april!

But i didnt have to do all that to install it, love the bag thpough it rocks!!!!!

Comment

I paid $110 for mine back in '09. On cross country rides I use the big bag on the front, then use the smaller one as a tail bag if I need the space. I recently bought some Built saddle bags from Cycle Gear, so I'm pretty much covered for touring now.
                    John,
                    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                    sigpic

Comment

And we found out the bottom bag easily stores a 10 lbs bag of ice
                      1992- project katfighter
                      2005- GSXR750
                      2001- TL1000R
                      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Was on the fence about the bag till this thread. Ive been looking at it for 2 weeks now! Just put my order in, going on a 2500 mile ride in Aug, figured I would need the room.

Comment

It was the top bag. The smaller one. the bottom will hold my helmet with some room.

2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Is that a tank bag tent? Holy Sh_T.... Who needs a bubble sheild......lol

Just kidding, but it sure is really big..........

If you are happy that is all that matters. looks like it is really secure on the tank......

Good Luck with that.....
                            sigpic
                            98 Katana 750 89 Katana 600
                            Corbin Gunfighter & Scorpion Pipe

Comment

Originally posted by vonrapier View Post
                              Is that a tank bag tent? Holy Sh_T.... Who needs a bubble sheild......lol

Just kidding, but it sure is really big..........

If you are happy that is all that matters. looks like it is really secure on the tank......

Good Luck with that.....
                              it' not that secure in cross windys when stacked. i got some earth magnets and put then on the sides. problem fixed. i'm using the bottom bag as a tail bag now.

2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                              X