X

wireless helmet intercom

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wireless helmet intercom

I'm considering purchasing a Whistler BT3300 wireless headset to communicate with some buddies and just wondering if anyone has any idea of their quality before a few of us buy them and get disappointed

never heard of that paticular one. If your getting that one because your buddies already have that one, then they should have a pretty good idea bout it. Me personally the only reason I want a bluetooth head set is for my gps/mp3 player. I dont like talking while I ride though.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

no its jus something i ran across and thought would be cool...and i like my music too...it is bluetooth so i could pair phone as well...jus wondering about range and volume...all the necessary features are there. We're always out riding and its a good way to keep up with everybody...sometimes you need to pull off and dont wanna get left behind

Comment

If your wanting to go blue-tooth. Go with the Cardo Scala rider lines. Depending on what your wanting to do with it I would go for the Q2 or the G4 Q2pro is good up to 2300 feet and has built in fm radio and has A2DP that allow you to stream music from a smart phone, The G4 has a range of up to a mile and can do everything the Q2 can do but has more adjust-ability in the settings and you can get software updates. There is alot of features im leaving out but check them out. We sell tons of them at the shop. By far our best sellers.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffer949 View Post
          If your wanting to go blue-tooth. Go with the Cardo Scala rider lines. Depending on what your wanting to do with it I would go for the Q2 or the G4 Q2pro is good up to 2300 feet and has built in fm radio and has A2DP that allow you to stream music from a smart phone, The G4 has a range of up to a mile and can do everything the Q2 can do but has more adjust-ability in the settings and you can get software updates. There is alot of features im leaving out but check them out. We sell tons of them at the shop. By far our best sellers.
          Price friendly??? The Whistler is like $125

Comment

I have a Scala Rider and it is very nice. You pay more, but you get more.
            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

It says max of 100meters (330ft), I don't know what your group is like, but 330 ft is not getting left behind. Even right behind them, if you had to stop suddenly, would there even be enough time to let them know within 330 ft?

Those look like they may fit my purpose being stereo, and only be connected to my gps. But I wouldnt count on talking with friends much on a serious ride.
              Last edited by cintidude04; 07-03-2011, 12:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              1992- project katfighter
              2005- GSXR750
              2001- TL1000R
              www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

All the "Teamsets" are a set of 2 that comes paired for 2 helmet/riders you can buy them singly also. Be careful if you buy online if your going for the Q2 or the one below it that you make sure to get the "Pro" version. the old q2 doesnt go as far and it doesnt have a2dp capabilites which is what would let you stream mp3's or say pandora radio from a droid or smart phone.

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
                  It says max of 100meters (330ft), I don't know what your group is like, but 330 ft is not getting left behind. Even right behind them, if you had to stop suddenly, would there even be enough time to let them know within 330 ft?
                  football field...id say

Comment

Guess you guys run a little slower lol jk... If I stopped suddenly behind mreedohio on our last run it would take maybe a couple seconds to be seperated farther than that.
                    1992- project katfighter
                    2005- GSXR750
                    2001- TL1000R
                    www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

Working...
                    X