No announcement yet.
X

Picking a helmet (3 Options)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea talked it over with the lady, we both agreed, quality is the most important. Getting the HJC, thanks for the opinions guys!

Hoping that the helmet fits, tried on an xl-xxl today at the store, fit pretty snug. Guess we'll see
    Last edited by Fault; 02-04-2011, 12:37 AM.
    Green 2000 Suzuki Katana - First Bike - Project Link: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113759

Comment

dont forget that a 'snug' helmet will wear in with use, shouldnt take to long for the pads to form to you
      1992- project katfighter
      2005- GSXR750
      2001- TL1000R
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by 1FSTKAT View Post
        Arai.

I don't think this will happen if he's looking to save some cash. HAHA.

My buddy has a fat head and he's been able to use HJC's and Shoei's.

Comment

I currently ride with a hawk helmet and so do both of my younger bros. Also wear hawk helmets and 1 of them has been in two wrecks. Both times cars pulled out in front of his gsxr 750 the first he slammed into the side and the second he ended up sliding down the hard packed dirt median on his face. He has been lucky both times with no major injuries and only scratches on his helmet. He's bought new ones each time of course. Oh and he was goin bout 45 mph both times. And with them being about 86 bucks they seem to hold up very well. Hopefully I never have to test the strength of my helmet and that goes for u all too

Comment

Remember though that all helmets with a dot or snell rating will perform similar to any other with the same rating. You're not paying for safety, you pay for comfort style and features.

My RF1k is the best 400 I've ever spent.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Tru tru. I haven't really looked around much seein as I'm tryin to get my bike back up to par seeing as the po didn't take good care of it. So not a lot of extra cash. I've seen the ones with blinking lights on the back and with vents wut other feature on a helmet are out there?

Comment

Originally posted by outlaw View Post
                Tru tru. I haven't really looked around much seein as I'm tryin to get my bike back up to par seeing as the po didn't take good care of it. So not a lot of extra cash. I've seen the ones with blinking lights on the back and with vents wut other feature on a helmet are out there?
                Mostly venting, quality visors, more comfy cheekpads, much lighter material, quality locking mechanisms for the visor.

Mine has a latch that allows me to lock the visor in place, or flip it the other way to keep the visor cracked open to allow for some air flow when it's really hot out.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Sounds like some pretty good features I'll have to look into a better helmet at some point just replacing the 19 year old worn out parts its slow goin but I love it. Gives me the opportunity to get to kno my baby and learn more about bikes in general. I'm def addicted to katriders.com

Comment

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Shoei-RF-1000-Pearl-Grey-Helmet/dp/B0018KB294"]Amazon.com: RF-1000 Pearl Grey Helmet: Automotive[/ame]

With the irr. visor ($75)

Comment

Nice

Comment

I have the first one you posted, the Hawk. Bought the tinted/mirrored wind shield for it. I love it. Fits well, not too noisy, good looks, good ventilation, good padding.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hawk Helmets are cheap quality. They make a decent back up helmet for passenger but for daily use ,nuh uh.
                          A freind was a Hawk dealer, bought them via a china shipping corp. He later dropped them from his line up. too many people were complaining the vents would fall out while riding, the visor ratchets broke or wore out after only weeks and weeks waiting for replacement parts.
                          Ive had some very expensive helmets and also some dirt cheap ones.
                          buy at your own risk. you get what you pay for.
                          I currently have a Kiwi (no longer made), Icon main frame, HJC, as well as my favorite... y Vega Altura Havok. super ventalation, light, removable liner, BT/easycom speaker ready liner, opti correct shield. and optional visors available. I paid $169 with chrome, black and clear shield. that was less then 1/2 of my HJC or Icon and I prefer it.
                          My son has a Z1R and its HEAVY and hot, he hates it and prefers my HJC the most, but until he stops dropping it hes not touching my helmets lol
                          98 GSX750F
                          95 Honda VT600 vlx
                          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I wore an HJC Symax2 for six months and banged it up at the rally. I saw Ian's (supercool bloke) Shoei and ordered one online. The XX HJC is about the same as the XX Shoei...meaning that if you want a Shoei (and I highly recommend Shoei) then see what size you wear in HJC Symax 2 and there is little chance the Shoei of the same size won't fit as well. I felt a little "iffy" paying that much for a helmet, but the Shoei is quality, quiet, and very light. And cool as the other side of the pillow too.

Didn't mean to open a theatre screen on you, but it's groovy, as you can see. You won't regret getting Shoei...I promise.
                            Last edited by zuma; 02-04-2011, 01:13 PM.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Yea, I almost got matte grey, but decided to stick with the gloss black. Black bike, black jacket, black helmet. Next I need some armor, but need to wait till my next paycheck for that
                              Green 2000 Suzuki Katana - First Bike - Project Link: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113759

Comment

Helmet arrived yesterday, decided I should probably should wait till the GF sees it and wraps it to give it to me, before I go trying it on

Comment

Working...
                                X