X

Teknic Mercury pants help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teknic Mercury pants help

Anybody here have the Teknic Mercury leather pants? I am fixing to buy riding pants and these are on my radar,but I am not familar with goatskin's abraision resistance.help me out with your input guys.
    Hobbies (Beating You)

Any skin over your own skin is better than none at all.

I cant speak for the wear of that leather, as I wear jeans. Sorry I cant help ya more.
    ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
    チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
    Semper Fi

Comment

Thanks Scout. Just don't want to pull the trigger on a pos and have the return hassle.
      Hobbies (Beating You)

Comment

Teknic makes good stuff. I had Power Shift gloves, Joe Rocket gloves and Icon gloves. Since I discovered Teknic, I've used only thier gloves. The gloves hold up very well (goatskin palms) so I have to assume that the trousers would, too. Good luck, and give us a review if you get 'em!
        ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
        チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
        Semper Fi

Comment

I was leary of the goatskin so I ordered leather pants from Coretech and am pleased for $142 on closeout. Fit well and lined to boot.
          Hobbies (Beating You)

Comment

goatskin is just a softer to the touch leather, still very protective though, but coretech is very nice as well
            1992- project katfighter
            2005- GSXR750
            2001- TL1000R
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
            www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Ill never wear leather pants again unless Im on a race track and have to wear it.

Now I wear textile motocross pants with Shift leg armor. A few of my riding freinds have also tried it and prefer the MX pants as well. Its far more durable then cheap textile pants or Jeans, designed for movement in any position, cool in the summer and provide good protection in the case of a get off.
              plus there are TONS of colors and designs to chose from

Last edited by hardlydangerous; 01-18-2011, 04:05 PM.
              98 GSX750F
              95 Honda VT600 vlx
              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

HAHA what a great picture.
                Originally posted by chrisgreer23
                Looks like Crash has lived up to his name.
                2000 Kat 600 Totaled, Parting out WHAT DO YOU NEED
                1983 Suzuki GR650- Sold
                2006 Suzuki SV1000S- Gone but never forgotten
                1967 Pontiac Firebird Convertible-The other project 350/4 spd and some stuff

Comment

Motocross is the name for a reason

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
                  Ill never wear leather pants again unless Im on a race track and have to wear it.

Now I wear textile motocross pants with Shift leg armor. A few of my riding freinds have also tried it and prefer the MX pants as well. Its far more durable then cheap textile pants or Jeans, designed for movement in any position, cool in the summer and provide good protection in the case of a get off.
                  plus there are TONS of colors and designs to chose from

I would trust motocross pants on the bike pictured above only. Seen to many post with failed textile gear to trust those pants Bro.
                  Hobbies (Beating You)

Comment

Sure is a lot better then most textiles and jeans.
                    MX pants are designed to withstand some pretty rough get offs in all kinds of conditions.
                    ive personally tested them on a couple get off on pavment with both street and dirtbikes and the padded hips and leg and knee pads provide a lot more protection. Add to that leg/knee armor under them and you have the next best thing to leather.
                    about the only thing not protected is your *** but most road rash is on the hips in a wreck anyway where the padding is.
                    98 GSX750F
                    95 Honda VT600 vlx
                    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by 68gts View Post
                      I was leary of the goatskin so I ordered leather pants from Coretech and am pleased for $142 on closeout. Fit well and lined to boot.

where did you get these from?

Comment

Competition accessories and Bikebandit both have them for $142. I like mine so much I got the wife a pair of the womens Apex pants.
                        Hobbies (Beating You)

Comment

Working...
                        X