Icon heavy duty 4 boots

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icon heavy duty 4 boots

What do you think about those boots?
    The Super Duty 4 boots are yet another version of Icon's popular low cut street riding boot. These boots are fashioned much like construction work boots,...

is it a good protection compares to other motorcycle boots?

do you know what is the difference between a normal shoes size and the icon one ? Should i order bigger or smaller or equal size? ...

Thx!

I have Icon Field Armor boots, and I'll swear by them. I dont know about the super duty boots, but I'd think if it's protection you want in case of a dump, you'd want your ankles covered...
    ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
    チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
    Semper Fi

Comment

Flame away all you want KR guys and gals, but unless you're out on the track and dragging a knee, the best footwear I've ridden with is a decent pair of natural-cut western boots. Non-slip soles...I know where I'm at gear-wise, and I can actually walk around on them. Couple them with a decent buffalo- hide jacket.....and you're all set. The rest is simply cannon-fodder BS. Just my thoughts.
      Attached Files
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

just ordered a pair of Field Armour
        Figured a little higher cut was better
        Reveiws from many on line is pretty +

I have seen first hand ,shoes getting knocked off in a crash
        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

I love the Icon super duty boots, I have the 3 model , and just because they dont go halfway to your knee doesnt mean theres no ankle support lol. there is more than enough protection. I swear by my super duty 3s
          just my .02
          1992- project katfighter
          2005- GSXR750
          2001- TL1000R
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
          www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

slofuse your not safe

Slofuse while your westeren boots are ok for abrasion resistance they offer you no lateral anckle protection my friend. Hold the sole in one hand and grab the top and watch it fold over sideways. No imagin your anckle in it cought up under you bike. That can happen on the street just as easy,think about it. Look upthe Sidi ad that says the price hurts but not this much and it will make you a convert.
            Hobbies (Beating You)

Comment

yah I agree the Sidi are at the top of the list! but danm so expensive! I don't have that money! I'm looking more for a riding shoe anyways, i'm not doing track either...

And I haven't found your the sidi ads so if you could share us a link, it would be really appreciated! thx !
              Last edited by snowboarder28; 01-15-2011, 06:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I have a pair of the older model of these. They survived a 20' slide. The Sole on the left heel started to come loose. From my experience, they run fairly true to sizing.

I wouldn't classifiy these as nessesiarly M/C Boots, more Hightop shoes with some sturdy protection.

All-in-All, I'm not displeased.

Originally posted by snowboarder28 View Post
                What do you think about those boots?
                The Super Duty 4 boots are yet another version of Icon's popular low cut street riding boot. These boots are fashioned much like construction work boots,...

is it a good protection compares to other motorcycle boots?

do you know what is the difference between a normal shoes size and the icon one ? Should i order bigger or smaller or equal size? ...

Thx!
                sigpic

'95 Kat 600 (Sold)
                '10 BMW S1000RR (aka Black Betty)(Totaled)
                '11 BMW S1000RR (aka Bumblebee) Shine Yellow

In ur thinky box, steeelin ur dumz

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, you probably high sided.

Comment

I have a pair of the Super duty II's and wore them every where. Had them re-soled and still have them. Am considering the 4's or a pair of high top heavy sneakers. The Icon's are worth it.

Comment

Working...
                  X