Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK and here is one of the wireing for testing
    Attached Files

Comment

As i ride 365 also, and it does get cold here i have a set of heated grips fitted to mine coupled with a good pr of winter gloves i find my hands stay pretty warm even on the coldest of mornings ...... brrrr.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
        As i ride 365 also, and it does get cold here i have a set of heated grips fitted to mine coupled with a good pr of winter gloves i find my hands stay pretty warm even on the coldest of mornings ...... brrrr.

Good to know. Mine are intalled. Once I get frame sliders on I will ride it. hopefully tommorow or sat.

Comment

well I had a chance to try the heated grips. wow I am very happy. tooks a nice long ride and the only thing cold was my neck.

Comment

I have found that my Fieldsheer tourtemp jacket is extremely warm even without the liner - I could ride in high 40 degree F weather comfortably. Add the liner and I don't think there's any temperature on planet earth that would make me cold. Similarly, my fly butane pants also keep me warm (I use them as overpants) so far in temps as cold as low 40s. Neither are heated.

Based largely on my experience with my jacket and pants, I kinda doubt (and I hope I'm right) heated gloves are not necessary. I've had a very hard time finding gloves I like though.

I want warm gloves that are more visible than the all black gloves that seem to make up the entire winter glove market (whether blue, green, or reflective strips/design). I also want something that has some protection- at least padding or even better, armor. I've searched all over the web but can't find ANYTHING, nevermind something reasonably priced.

ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR VISIBLE (not plain black) WINTER GLOVES?

Comment

I have some Joe Rocket gloves lined with thinsulate and and my hands have never been cold with them. And, unlike some people, I really do ride in the cold , have ridden in single digits with them. They are black, with silver reflective trim.
              Having said that, my Concours 14 has adjustable heated grips (came with them stock). They work great. However...
              My JR gloves also have a gel pad as do my fingerless gloves. After riding with the heat on, the gel sort of melted and turned into a lump.
              What I am saying is that if you ride with gel vibe absorbing gloves (katana has vibes? Do tell!), you may not want heated grips, or at the least, turn the heat off.
              Lately, it has been in 30's/40's and I ride with thin driving gloves (they are Isotoners like the ones OJ used), with heat on, works for me.
              To me, the advantage of heated grips is being able to use a thin glove or no glove at all instead of a huge padded glove. Warmth is fine though with heated grips, I can get them off enough to be uncomfortable.
              Last edited by DClark; 11-23-2011, 10:24 AM.

Comment

MUFFS :- http://www.virtualvillage.co.uk/blac..._shopping_feed

Balaclava is also a good way to keep head and neck warm

I use thinsulate thermal gloves aswell.... :- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BUFFALO-AR...item8bb43fd415
                I'm outa here

Comment

Working...
                X