Buying first jacket

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good to know

Comment

Another alternative to a mesh jacket is getting yourself a good textile jacket, and wearing a TechNiche cooling vest inside that. Without the sleeves installed, it'll keep you plenty cool in 90+ temps. Above those temps, just add the sleeves for added cooling. The cooling effect works best under a textile jacket, as you use the jacket vents to "adjust" the evaporative cooling of the vest. While it will work with a mesh jacket, it won't be as effective, or last as long.
      2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
      2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

I love my combo leather mesh..
        I wore it year 'round in Austin TX..
        Make sure you get a back protector and CE armor!
        Y'all have had a record year for heat huh??
        Dang I miss Texas!

Comment

I love my leathers, but pretty much anything above...oh, 88 degrees, sends me to my Fieldsheer mesh jacket. You've got to be moving in order to wear leather unless it's super-vented.
          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Congrats on the bike, man it's hot there, I don't know how ya do it!!

Comment

Had a low-side about a month ago in a mesh jacket. I ended up sliding 25 feet on my back. Came out of it without a scratch. The jacket even faired well. -One small hole on the shoulder portion. Had I not been wearing the jacket, that may have been a large hole in my actual shoulder, which would have been painful.

I have leather and mesh. I use the mesh when the heat is high or if I'm not doing anything too fast. The leather comes out of the bag when I'm going to the track or when I know I'm going to be making a lot of turns.
              =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Working...
              X