X

tank bag or tail bag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tank bag or tail bag

I dont do alot of long trips but would like to have a little more storage. What does everone like to use ? Tank Bag or Tail Bag
    05 Kat 600
    Yoshi RS3
    Bar Risers
    Road Attacks
    Fumoto Valve
    Corbin Seat w / backrest
    Sportech black chrome windscreen
    Custom garage door opener

I use a tank bag for everyday stuff, and I'm getting a tail bag because I sometimes run out of room.

Comment

The tank bag is nice to have if you have only a few things that you need to bring with you. I always have a first aid kit, a leatherman, and a few microfiber towels. The map pocket on it is nice for a map, my cell phone and ipod also.

2002 Katana 600
      1999 Ford F150

Comment

what brands do you own? Can you post pics or links if available please?
        05 Kat 600
        Yoshi RS3
        Bar Risers
        Road Attacks
        Fumoto Valve
        Corbin Seat w / backrest

Comment

mine is a nelson rigg, you can get closeout ones pretty cheap sometimes at newenough.com

Comment

i had them both... loved the tank bag for gloves, bottle of water, cell phone keys sun glasses

Comment

http://www.sandhillspowersports.com/...n_ubrantankbag thats my bag and i dont leave home without it .. fits enough stuff for a short trip has a helmet holder and becomes a backpack in seconds
              so many roads so little time

Comment

TankBag....
                Motorcycle touring means a lot of things these days and Tourmaster motorcycle gear handles it all. From adventure touring to cross-country riding or just commuting on your bike, Tourmaster has you covered.
                Attached Files

Comment

I have a tail bag for commuting. Holds my lunch, spare visor (clear in the morning/switch to smoke for afternoon) and the occasional office "reading material". its the Cortech sport one. fits well. I cut some neoprene from an old wetsuit and attached them to the hooks to keep them from scratching my bike.

I'd like to get a tank bag for every day stuff, but haven't found one I like, I don't want one thats too bulky but I still want to carry some stuff.
                  2001 Katana 600

Comment

I have both- but what I really dig is a bag that is both- it straps down, rather than using magnets, so I can use it either place. I think it's an Eclipse bag.
                    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

I use a Tank bag most of the time, and a backpack also if I need extra room (though I wish I had some luggage).

I have a Joe Rocket Manta, its small, but holds all my stuff.
                      It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

do you have any pics of the manta on your kat?
                        05 Kat 600
                        Yoshi RS3
                        Bar Risers
                        Road Attacks
                        Fumoto Valve
                        Corbin Seat w / backrest

Comment

Here's my JR manta (I think) tank bag...

I use that and a Targa backpack, that has 2 straps that connect at my waist and chest so it doesn't fly around.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

I have a Joe Rocket Manta XL that holds everything I take with me everyday. I just ordered a tail bag and saddle bags for storage when I travel.

Comment

Tank bag for rain gear and extra gloves and glasses. Maybe a bottle of water, some maps, spare bandanna...

Comment

Working...
                              X