No announcement yet.
X

HJC Helmets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too have a hjc helmet, I have the fuse silver and black, with the black on black joe rocket jacket to match my silver and black bike, What a concept? lol
    Big Cory
    SBFMC 707
    2005 Hayabusa

Comment

my hjc served me well, even including the accident! :P it held up very well dispite being slammed into the tarmac at 50 odd mph.. pics below.

PS> ive just ordered its replacement... KBC VR-1 "chrome dome" with the irridium chrome visor.. looks effin sweeet! smoke chrome helmet and visor.. i cant wait to terrorise the cagers :P i'll post pics when i get it.

cheers.joe.

Comment

I didn't see the VR-1 on there website. Only the 2 and 3.

Got any pics?
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

sweetlou-

i havent received my helmet yet, as it is on order (the shop didnt have my size).

a reveiw can be found here-

and heres a piccy, in the pic it almost looks black, so it dosnt do it justice, the actual color is more like the visor in the pic... when i receive my lid, i'll post pics.

cheers.joe.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymofo
            sweetlou-

i havent received my helmet yet, as it is on order (the shop didnt have my size).

a reveiw can be found here-

and heres a piccy, in the pic it almost looks black, so it dosnt do it justice, the actual color is more like the visor in the pic... when i receive my lid, i'll post pics.

cheers.joe.
            That looks hella sweet, where can I order one from???

I am due to get a new helmet, that may just have to be the one!
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Lou- try this mob,,

seems pretty cheap too.

edit- i dont know if the irridium visor comes with it.. i had to purchase it as an extra at my local dealer... AU$350 helmet+AU$85 irridium visor= AU$385

but seems you yanks and canucks :P get sh!t a hella lot cheaper then us ozzies.

cheers.joe.

Comment

Yup, very cheap for us yanks...

Only $187.95

Man, you got the shaft

Have you ridden with yours yet? Wondering what the wind noise is like. The helmet also looks very areodynamic.
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaO215
                  Ive never had a single complaint about my HJC's
                  I have nothing but good words for the HJC that I got from Katana0215 I have two HJC's the CL 14 I purchased from Katana and A all black CL 12, both are great!!
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                    Yup, very cheap for us yanks...

Only $187.95

Man, you got the shaft

Have you ridden with yours yet? Wondering what the wind noise is like. The helmet also looks very areodynamic.

i have ridden with it, but not on the kat.. i rode with it on, on a gsx1400 naked bike... nice ride, but the wind noise was markedly high.. tho i usually ride with earplugs, and a fully faired bike so i seriously think that wind noise will be non existant on my kat, with earplugs. i cannot say how the helmet goes riding the kat.. its in too many peices LOL.

on the other hand, the lining works very well at keeping me comfy, had no interference from vision from the veiwing port, screen didnt distort, and it was lighter then the hjc... all in all im very happy with the buy

cheers.joe.

Comment

But can you take the padding out of the HJC's and wash it?
                      -jason

Welcome to Katriders! Click Here to Register

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

Originally posted by taz
                        But can you take the padding out of the HJC's and wash it?
                        On my CL-14, you can only take out the cheekpads.

I like my HJC - it's light, vents well, looks good, and has terrific peripheral vision - but this is one reason why my next helmet is going to be a Scorpion.
                        I got a worried mind, sharin' what I thought was mine
                        Gonna leave her where the guitars play

Comment

All you guys that worry about wind noise make me laugh. You are on a open two wheel motorcycle Not in a cage with windows up. First there is wind climbing under the chin area, you have the vents that wind is coming through, and if the shield is slightly opened there is wind through there. Granted there are quieter helmets but is that not the nature of the beast so to speak? I don't reccomend riding without a helmet but try it once and you will love that helmet no matter what wind you get.
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                          Who knows what is next?
                          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

i agree thaz, wind noise is a terrible thing, and much better being a helmet. its proven the high wind noise will have adverse effects on long term hearing, especially if you ride regualry (ie.. daily)

and certain helmets give of certain pitches in wind noise, which can provide bad headaches.. i use ear plugs. try it the crushable foam jobbies are less then a dollar at the hardware shop. garentee you'll hear your bike and your surroundings a lot clearer.

cheers.joe.

Comment

yeah you should be wearing ear plugs anyway, so wind noise shouldnt be a big deal
                              Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Originally posted by crazymofo
                                i agree thaz, wind noise is a terrible thing, and much better being a helmet. its proven the high wind noise will have adverse effects on long term hearing, especially if you ride regualry (ie.. daily)

and certain helmets give of certain pitches in wind noise, which can provide bad headaches.. i use ear plugs. try it the crushable foam jobbies are less then a dollar at the hardware shop. garentee you'll hear your bike and your surroundings a lot clearer.

cheers.joe.
                                I either use the ear plugs or my sony walkmen.
                                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                                Who knows what is next?

Comment

Working...
                                X