No announcement yet.
X

no gear at all.. how? why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are so many Marines in jacksonville NC that ride in tshirts and shorts. It doesn't make any sense to me
    91 Katana 600. Flat Black, Solo Cowl, Currently for sale.

99 CBR 600 F4. Red/Black.

Comment

If a person wants to ride without gear, fine. I think its stupid, but it's their choice. The problem I have is when these squids put their pretty little girlfriend on the back and start doing wheelies and acting stupid. If you want to kill yourself..... fine, but leave the other person out of it. I will now step off of my soap box. Good day!!

Comment

Having been redirected to this thread by the automatic notify feature, I am reminded that I have not always ridden in full gear.

In the real world, some of us can not afford all we might want, right off. If you can't afford full gear at first, buy the best you can afford and keep upgrading. When I first started riding again, I rode my Yammie Virago in hiking boots, jeans, leather jacket (not the best one, it turned out- when I went down, once, the sleve rolled up and I had road rash on one arm) and, usually but not always, full-face helmet. As I could afford it, I upgraded my gear- first a better leather jacket (still with no armor, tho), and combat boots, then Fieldsheer jacket with armor, and then FS armored pants, then summer gear- Joe Rocket jacket and pants, in which I replaced the pads with CE armor, and JR boots. I am still not totally comfortable with my purchases- some trepidation with the Joe Rocket stuff, so more upgrades will be coming, but probably not for another year or so.

The exception- ear plugs. Cheap, cheap, cheap- you can get 20 pairs for under ten bux- a year's supply.
        "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

SQUID.... or IDIOT you choose. It will only take one time for someone like this to go down and they will either, (1) Never ride again or (2) Wear the gear on the next outing.
          Sad to see some are so hard headed!
          It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

Working...
          X