X

04 gsxr 600 or 04 r6, opinions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 04 gsxr 600 or 04 r6, opinions?

getting ready to move on from my 99 katana and I have been look at a k4 gsxr 600 and an 04 r6. mileage is pretty equal, both roughly same price and im a lttle torn on the decision. just looking for any opinions on pros,or cons of either as far as reliability, power, handling, just general better quality. Im not into track riding or anything mostly just rollimg around back roads with some buddys.

thanks in advance

Have you ridden them? I like the R6 look but, I like the gsxr performance better. Being that i don't race nor do i ride like i'm racing and I don't typically ride very far. I would pick the R6 and keep the kat for cruising.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

GSXR or R6

Don't know if you consider this relevant but I have had a 2002 R6 and now have a 2003 GSXR600 and although I liked the R6 and it was comfortable for me the GSXR is a better all around bike. Feels more stable to me.
      Gammas and Katanas

Comment

Anything but an r6.

Ride them and see which one you like.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

The 04-05 GSXR is totally different than the 00-03. For my money if you can afford it go 06+. That said I have an 04 for the track
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
            The 04-05 GSXR is totally different than the 00-03. For my money if you can afford it go 06+. That said I have an 04 for the track
            +1 I agree with this, I really enjoy my 05 600 with 750 transplant. Well, when I actually have a chance to ride that is...
            1992- project katfighter
            2005- GSXR750
            2001- TL1000R
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
            www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

The 04/05 GSX-R would most likely be more comfortable on long rides than the R6, unless you're severely vertically challenged.
              John,
              '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
              sigpic

Comment

I had a 04 R6 for three years & nearly cried when my wife made me sell it. It is super quick (compared to a GSX600F) & unless you're some sort of pro-rider (I'm not) you wont find any performance or handling difference between the R6 & GSXR 600.
                My mates had 2004/05 RR600, GSXR600, Ninja 635 all at the same time & there wasn't a dominant bike. I was lucky to ride all & in my humble opinion the RR felt the most refined but that's not to take anything away from the others.
                On the day he who got his throttle & clutch right won the traffic lights GP. All wheelie & stoppie real easy. Hooligan machines & that's what you feel like when you're on one.
                All were quick, exciting & pure eye candy..........well they were back then.
                Noisy riotous bikes that demand to riden fast & are totally adictive.
                So that's why my wife made me get rid of it.
                Boohooo

Comment

I'm actually in the same boat as OP. However, I think OP should only be looking for differences between the R6 and gixxer6 when it comes to comfort. You might not be able to fully feel the difference between the two unless you are tracking it. On the street, they are both almost the same. Except for looks and comfort. Those are the two biggest differences you will find. I've ridden a K3 and liked the comfort I got from it, I rode a Ninja and was wishing I had a pillow on the seat. So therefore, if you decide these are only road bikes, look for comfort. Definitely sit on both and see which one you like. Everybody has their own choice as far as performance and some MAY even be biased. Not saying everybody is, just saying...if you want more accurate and reliable answers to something specific, it is always better to try it out yourself. And start small, don't compare so many different things at once. If I were you, I'd maybe start with budget and then move to comfort and overall look. Those 2 factors i THINK would drastically help you make up your mind.

Best of luck in the hunt!
                  - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

I had an r6 and loved it. Went on several rides over 3 hours and never felt uncomfortable on it. I'm 6ft tall and about 160lbs. Bike handled like a dream, had plenty on power and get very light while riding and moving it around to park it or move it in my garage. If it wasn't for my accident I would still have it. Actually thinking about buying another one once I can ride again.
                    ----USMC combat vet----
                    07 Yamaha r6s & 93 Kat streetfighter project

Comment

Working...
                    X