No announcement yet.
X

2008 Ninja ZX-6R

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're making some pretty fast radios these days...

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
      They will top out out at 130mph, but they are not that weighted down.Plus, the cops riding them are probably a better rider than you.
      Look, I know it is easy to pound your chest and say "I am the best rider around, blah blah blah", but lets look at the facts:
      Cops go through good training, then spend 8 hours a day five days a week on their bikes, sometimes more. Do you spend that much time on your bike? A cop also had free reign on how they drive and how fast they can go.
      They also take pride in their skills. Around this time, we have a motorcycle cop rodeo where cops from CA and NV come up here to compete for best rider.
      I was talking to a NHP officer and he said he puts on over 30,000 miles a year on his BMW and keep in mind, they park them when the weather is bad or snowy.
      Not to defend Joe, 'cause he can speak for himself, but he's never a chest-pounder type. Joe also spends a lot of time on his bike. -And can ride pretty damn well. Also, Joe was a motorcycle safety instructor for a few years.
      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
        They will top out out at 130mph, but they are not that weighted down.Plus, the cops riding them are probably a better rider than you.
        That is still well shy of what the stock bike tops out at, not that I know...
        As to weighted down, the Buell Uly gained almost 100lbs by the time they added the law package, and it doesn't even get all the crash cages. If the Connie comes in under 770, I'd be very surprised.

Mileage, hmmm, just a hair under 32k and I still have a week left before she turns a year old. And she stayed parked during the snow and ice. During that time, I managed at least another 5k or so on the KLR. FTR, the only real chest pounding I do is on mileage, endurance, and riding in any weather.

Skills, they'd own me in a parking lot, on the road I think it would be more a battle of the bikes. But really, why would they bother me, I'm saving lives with my loud pipes.
        Pics
        Pics
        No pics yet
        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
          ...But really, why would they bother me, I'm saving lives with my loud pipes.
          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Working...
          X