No announcement yet.
X

Vs. Kawasaki ZX-14 ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two '14s? I love my bike but why would I want two of the same? I'd rather own something a little different. -Like a CBR1K or a Triumph. That way I could have a choice when I go out riding.
    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
      I love my bike but I'd rather own something a little different. -Like a CBR1K
      I don't blame ya, CBR1k's rock ur freakin socks
      Jealousy Is Natural

Comment

Two '14s? I love my bike but why would I want two of the same? I'd rather own something a little different. -Like a CBR1K or a Triumph. That way I could have a choice when I go out riding.
        is that in case you feel like slumming it every once in a while

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Well, he has other bikes too. Five bikes total.
          2007 Honda CBR600rr
          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
            I don't like the '09 USA-specific color choices -- burnt orange or black with green stripes? IMHO: Yuck!

I do like the Brit choices better: Candy Lime Green or Metallic Diablo Black.
            ABS?!?! How do they get ABS, yet it's not offered here. That's so lame. I would definitely consider it if it came with ABS as an option.
            How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
            How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
            How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
            How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
              ABS?!?! How do they get ABS, yet it's not offered here. That's so lame. I would definitely consider it if it came with ABS as an option.
              If I understand it correctly, not only do they get an ABS option, the Europeans also get an immobilizer key as standard (chipped key with ID recognition to prevent hot-wiring), like most higher-end bikes in their market.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

...The Europeans also get an immobilizer key as standard (chipped key with ID recognition to prevent hot-wiring), like most higher-end bikes in their market.
                I got a free tank of gas with mine.
                =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

I have a neighbor that has a ZX-14 and he let me go on a test ride. I was impressed with how it handled and the acceleration. It was the closest (for me) in feel to my Kat. If i could afford the insurance I would consider buying one. (I only pay $15/mo. for my Kat)
                  Mine: 2005 GSX600F Wifes: Honda Shadow Spirit 750

Comment

Originally posted by thumper64 View Post
                    I have a neighbor that has a ZX-14 and he let me go on a test ride. I was impressed with how it handled and the acceleration. It was the closest (for me) in feel to my Kat. If i could afford the insurance I would consider buying one. (I only pay $15/mo. for my Kat)
                    You probably took it really easy didn't you??
                    2007 Honda CBR600rr
                    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                    sigpic

Comment

If I understand it correctly, not only do they get an ABS option, the Europeans also get an immobilizer key as standard (chipped key with ID recognition to prevent hot-wiring), like most higher-end bikes in their market.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet

We allways get the best :mrgreen:and we do not consider a ZX14 as a high-end bike (no offense meant) allmost every new bike overhere comes with ABS/ABS-option and chipped keys, the market for non-ABS bikes is going down at a very fast pace, even the SS-market is asking for ABS-equipped bikes (reason for Honda to introduce ABS on the CBRR's)

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp View Post
                        ya, i was going to say. I see no resemblance to a kat

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp View Post
                          Actually, he let me hammer it. We have ridden together before so he knows how i ride.
                          Mine: 2005 GSX600F Wifes: Honda Shadow Spirit 750

Comment

Originally posted by Anoucka View Post
                            we do not consider a ZX14 as a high-end bike (no offense meant)
                            No offense taken at all. It is a point-to-point missile intended for eating interstate miles (autobahn distances) at high speeds, and that suits my general needs & desires very well. If I lived close to the Eiffel forest (or any of my old German stomping grounds), I would probably have a totally different bike choice instead... But any 1.4 liter hyper-sports bike is a high-end bike by our standards here.
                            Oh, and for those outside the loop -- I bought a ZX-14

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                            CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                            The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                            Last edited by The CyberPoet; 02-06-2009, 12:13 PM.
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

[quote=GSXF;1551130]Thanks for the suggestion CP. All the bike you listed I had look into and they are all great ones. However, I actually don't ride that much in the City, it's no fun at all constantly avoiding people and cars, it's crazy here! I ride outward of the city instead so I can keep on the throttles, instead of the brake modulations....

dude id be checking out the sv650 or sv 1000 good fast bike light with alot of torque cheap and more of a sporty tour bike
                              02 Suzuki Katana 750
                              05 Suzuki Boulevard C 50

If i wanted to hear an a$$hole i would just fart!!!!

sigpic

Comment

when it comes to zx14 and busa the zx14 sits up higher and the busa your on a streach out / theres no comperasion to a kat 200 hp vs maybe 90 hp if your lucky but in drag racing vs track the zx10r is the king i know one zx14 is stock running high 9 -s in the quarter mile drags so you dont see many zx14 track bikes im 6 '6 i fit better on the zx14 but my next bike is the zx10r
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X