Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Rear integrated tail light for a 1990 GSX600F Katana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
    That's why, not enough draw on the flasher. Replace it with an electronic flasher, problem solved.
    What do you mean by draw?

What electronic flasher do you suggest for this 1990 GSX 600F Katana and from whom do I buy it from? What wires do I hook the LED unit's solid yellow and black and yellow wires to?

Thank you
    Last edited by Catstripes; 11-02-2014, 03:19 PM.

Comment

The OEM type flasher is a bymetal switch it needs an amp draw to heat the strip, no heat no flash. Your local auto parts store will carry them. There will be an extra wire that will need to be grounded. Other than that, it plugs right in.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

The OEM type flasher is a bymetal switch it needs an amp draw to heat the strip, no heat no flash. Your local auto parts store will carry them. There will be an extra wire that will need to be grounded. Other than that, it plugs right in.
        This clear alternatives led kit came with resistors that increase the current. Will this help the lights flash? Is that why they included them?

Comment

Don't use the resistors. Just get the electronic flasher. Not a fan of hacking the wiring on anything if there is a safer alternative.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran

Comment

Don't use the resistors. Just get the electronic flasher. Not a fan of hacking the wiring on anything if there is a safer alternative.

Would the turn signal relay cause the lights not to flash if it is defective?

Thanks

Comment

Not if your using LED turn signals. You'll need the electronic flasher to work properly.
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

I used an R1 led integrated set up mentioned above. You will need an electronic variable flash relay as mentioned. Can be picked up for under 10$ at O'reilly's.
                1992- project katfighter
                2005- GSXR750
                2001- TL1000R
                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Working...
                X