X

turn signal issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turn signal issue

Ok I am a bit baffled here. I have LED turn signals to start. I have a pre 750 they are attached to. Here are symptoms:
    The bulbs hooked directly to a battery show very bright, quite nice. So they work.
    I have followed the wiring diagram, have it wired up. What I am getting is VERY dim, no flashing. The switch is directing power where it needs to be, for each side.
    I went on EBAY and got an "LED Flashing" unit, installed, and same condition. I know that with the LED, it should be bright, but flashing too fast. From what I can get out of the wiring diagram, the power goes from the turn signal relay, to the switch, to the bulbs to ground and back.

Nope, goes from the battery, to the switch, THEN to the relay. You need to delete the relay from the circuit and install only the LED Flasher unit, provided it is the correct one.

Comment

Hm. Would that be why the bulbs are so dim and non flashing?

Comment

Could be ya. Stock flasher unit doesn't work well with LED"s, although typically they are bright and non-flashing. May want to check your grounds also.

Comment

try reversing the wires
          I have heard of LEDs that wont light at all if the polarity is reversed
          Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
            try reversing the wires
            I have heard of LEDs that wont light at all if the polarity is reversed
            All LED's are polarized....meaning the juice only flows one way.

Comment

Working...
            X