X

Fuse amps

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuse amps

What are they ? Mine's had a 25A main since I got it , but the "new" box I got came loaded with 10's . Could be another reason why my connection's half-melted .... I ain't got mah book here , and I spent several minutes searching .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

A'right, what bike are we talking about? I've got the manuals in pdf.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

750 . Dunno if teh 1100 engine wants a different fuse or not , though ... I kinda didn't think it'd matter .

Comment

That's right, you've got an 1100 engine in a 750 chassis, right?

According to Haynes, for the pre's, main fuse is 25A, everything else is 10A.

According to the FSM, for the 1100, all fuses are 10A and there's a 30A circuit breaker.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Hmmm ... Well , aside from the fried connection , it's been doing more or less ok with the 750 config for a couple years now . Guess I'll continue to run the 25A main once I get that connection all cleaned-up .

Comment

By running a lighter fuse you only run the risk of blowing the fuse. My guess is that the higher amperage fuse on the 1100 has to do with the expectation that you may be pulling a maximum current draw through the ignition while trying to adjust the windshield. You'll be OK with the 25A. Just clean up the connectors, apply dielectric grease to the connections, look for (and fix) any corroded wire ends and solder everything. I'm a real big fan of soldering rather than trying to get by with crimp-on connectors. I've actually seen fires from crimp-ons.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Bit late buy yeah, it's 25a for the main and then 10a for the other circuits. My observation on the fried and melted components... it's more about the poor/corroded connections generating resistance than anything else. A loose connection that vibrates will cause the connectors to form an electrical blocking coating on them causing this issue as well.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
              X