X

Train horn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Train horn

I'll be getting one as soon as possible. thought I would share.http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade...view/2137/539/
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Interesting, looks like it would take up a bit less space than my current air horn set up. May have to check it out.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Been looking at one for sometime now, the one on the bike is a joke. Would like to hear what you think of it.

Comment

I was looking at one as well but was turned off by negative reviews about durability. Seems like the air pump doesn't handle the jolts for very long and they stop working. This was a good site that actually compared 6 horns and had video/audio demos of each.

Comment

Had one fitted to my last 3 bikes (TDM900, BMWK1200LT & V-Strom1000) and they are super loud. Absolutely no complaints in over 50,000 miles of use.
          Been weighing up where I can fit one on the GSX750F but there really isn't much room to spare under the fairing and they are a fairly bulky unit, they also need something substantial to fasten onto.

Stobie

Comment

I had one on the Kat, but because of how I had in mounted (it's orientation) it eventually failed. So of course I took it apart to see how it ticks.

Now I have Hella's, I think that's the brand, two high & low tone clam horns. I like them.
            How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
            How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
            How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
            How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

I had the older version on my Kat and it eventually developed problems, I had cut away part of the horn to fit it where I wanted it

A buddy was impressed enough to have the dealer install one on his cruiser , to bad they didnt tighten the bolts on his first one because it did a low side at 55mph
              They did replace it free of charge
              Not sure if he has one on his new HD yet

Would be interested to know if this "motorcycle" unit stands up better

thought this is what you meant
              [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO_7D4k_FAI&feature=relmfu"]Train Horn Video - Top 20 Most Shocking - YouTube[/ame]
              Last edited by rexazz2; 01-08-2012, 10:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

The Stebel Nautilus isn't really a train horn.. Just a normal air horn, but I got one similar to it, since my horn froze up, the Wolo Bad Boy Motorcycle Air Horn- $37
                Train horns would really throw some people for a loop though, especially whoever has to figure out where to mount them on the bike! Things is HUGE
                Last edited by rhighfil82; 01-19-2012, 10:32 AM.

Comment

I like it...lol
                  1990 GSXR 750 Slingshot(sold)
                  1992 GSXF Katana 750(sold 2014)
                  1994 GSXF Katana 600 (gave away)
                  2007 Suzuki Boulevard C-90 (sold)
                  2003 GSX 1300R Hayabusa (purchased 2013)

I MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE BIGGEST DUDE YOUVE SEEN ON A 750 KAT.....

Comment

Any preference between the Denali Sound Bomb and the Stebel Nautilus? I've made a cardboard box the size of the Sound Bomb dimensions and I cannot find anywhere on the bike with a suitable mounting foundation into which it will fit. I've seen some guys mount it on the inside of the upper fairing but there isn't anything substantial to serve as a mounting point on the Kat. The horn's factory location appears to be out as I believe the fender would hit it under some enthusiastic riding conditions. The only other place it might work is inside the rear cowl just ahead of the tail light assembly. I just haven't got the motivation to take it apart just to see if my box will fit - it will not fit through the opening without disassembly. Anyone have better ideas? Thanks.

Comment

This thread is 3 years old.
                      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran
                      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Three years old but still useful.

I was able to fit the Wolo version to the right side of the headlight bracket completely inside the fairing. Only has about an 1/8" clearance between the horn housing and the fork at full lock but it does work, at least for me.

Comment

the horn I got was from Harbor Freight WOLO Bad Boy. mounts in stock location with stock wiring. okay for 2 years now. can here it at speed with ear plugs in.
                          never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

+1 great horn
                            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran
                            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Haven't been on in a while, but I did get the Denali Split Soundbomb as I couldn't find a place large enough to mount the single unit. I ended up placing the compressor behind the rear fairing on the right side - sort of like where the rear shock reservoir is on the left side. I mounted the horn unit to a point on the left of the frame just under the left fairing. There is a factory tab welded to the frame with a nut on the under side. I just made a simple bracket of stainless and it fits well, and the horn faces forward. The fuse and relay are in the cubby aft of the battery. All in all, pretty happy with how it turned out. Had some pics to post but I can't post attachments...

Comment

Working...
                              X