Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Dyna 2000 Wiring help? And other electrical questions.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyna 2000 Wiring help? And other electrical questions.

So the bike that me and my friend got had a dyna2000 ignition and accel coils on it. On a 94 GSXF600. Which is overkill, but when someone else paid for it I cant complain. Also came with pod filters, but I took those off, and found an OEM airbox on ebay.

Anyway, the question at hand is this. Does any of the wiring in this picture look wrong, and also where would the wires from the clutch safety switch plug in?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also, a rather dumb question. Does the dyno 2000 system eliminate the stock ECU? Because I found a cheap ecu on ebay, and its actually installed in the second pic. I wonder if its unnecessary or may even conflict with the Dyno?
    Last edited by Emc-Icon; 08-30-2011, 03:21 PM.

Dumb question, why do you have the wiring going from one of your relays labeled fuel pump? Unless you did an efi swap, you know there is no fuel pump right?
    About the wiring... looks different than mine but alot has been done to mine.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
      Dumb question, why do you have the wiring going from one of your relays labeled fuel pump? Unless you did an efi swap, you know there is no fuel pump right?
      About the wiring... looks different than mine but alot has been done to mine.
      I would imagine he meant the fuel sending unit for the gas gauge. Not the fuel pump.

Comment

Wow, that huge thing in the tank is actually just for the gauge? o.0

Makes sense too, because none of the fuel lines went to it, just the wires.

So, anyone have any experience with the dyno 2000?

Comment

Try messaging Arsenic would be my best guess or wait for him to see this.
          1992- project katfighter
          2005- GSXR750
          2001- TL1000R
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
          www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

I have to figure this stuff out all on my own. So do you. You want help with your carbs, I'm here. Everything else
            Dyna 2000 instructions
            Last edited by arsenic; 09-04-2011, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Are you sure it's still just a 600? I don't know who would throw a $400 ignition on a stock Katana......
              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                Are you sure it's still just a 600? I don't know who would throw a $400 ignition on a stock Katana......
                Same person who threw pod filters on the bike. Probably thought both would make it run better.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                  Same person who threw pod filters on the bike. Probably thought both would make it run better.

Krey
                  $500 to gain 1hp....... that's just not smart.

At least the ignition is legitimately better than the stock unit.
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                    $500 to gain 1hp....... that's just not smart.

At least the ignition is legitimately better than the stock unit.
                    Actually, with a Dyna ignition, you're not even gaining 1 HP. Just more adjust ability and better spark. I've never used those Accel coils though, so I have no idea what the deal is with them.

Comment

Just updating this thread..

Got the fairings all painted, replaced the left oil cooler line, purchased a refurbed petcock off ebay and now I'm trying to get the motor started.

Now here are my questions:
                      *Where does the wire from the clutch lever plug into? The one with two leads on it.. (this might be causing my no spark issue)
                      *Is the Dyna2000 a replacement for the stock CDI, or a piggyback like the Powercommander?

Comment

Wire from clutch lever gets jumpered together to complete the circuit. No idea on the 2nd question.

Comment

the dyna ignition is its own ignition system that eliminates the stock ingniter box/cdi

I cant tell from pics if its wired corrctly or not.
                          If it were mine I would print off the instructions and start over. I would also run the dynatech coils. The accel units might not be the correct ohms. If they are incorrect it can cause the dynatech ingnition or to fail. Or stock unit if it was hooked up to that.

As far as the clutch switch, that has nothing to do with the ignition/spark. it breaks the starting circuit so the engine cant be turned over. If the engine is cranking over its been bypassed already
                          98 GSX750F
                          95 Honda VT600 vlx
                          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post

Krey
                            The kid i bought it from claimed it was his uncles drag race bike, and it beat R1's.. I didnt believe him, and frankly still dont.

Comment

Working...
                            X