X

dimming lights, electrical diag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dimming lights, electrical diag

okay so I let my wife wash my bike with me and boy was that a mistake, now I think I have some corrosion problems... The kat will intermitently have the tach and speedo stop reading and drop to zero, the back lights on the panel will dim along with the headlamps and singnals (not sure about the brake lights but assume they do too) I'm thinking it's power but I haven't opened her up yet, so I was wondering if anyone had a wiring diagram for a 2006 Katana 600 so I could do some circuit analysis... And also some opinions on what ya'll think...
    "Push it hard and to the edge... Push your limits and push your luck... Then take it to the next level and push it harder..."
    -Taylor Paul Quimby

Check your connections, wiring diagrams have been posted several times. Use search. And as an extra hint... I'll let ya know that it is in the service manual.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

my apolo-geeze... I posted on the run, but I was hoping for some direction from the peeps here at KR... Such as maybe people who have had the same situation...but I've started running down the connections I looked in the cluster for water damage but found none... So far nothing...
      "Push it hard and to the edge... Push your limits and push your luck... Then take it to the next level and push it harder..."
      -Taylor Paul Quimby

Comment

I havent had that problem personally so I dont know where to point ya on that one. I dont have traditional gauges on my kat.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Water has likely made it's way into a place it shouldn't be; bikes are OK in water but when you spray water up into the area of the harness and battery, you are defying the intentions of the factory water-proofing, which is designed to deal with normal precipitation patterns, not total submersion. You need to 'open her up' as you say.

Start at the source; the battery. Re-seat your battery's positive and negative terminals, and the ground. Begin working from there toward the wiring harness; disconnecting and re-connecting where applicable. Don't just visually inspect everything either. You may not be able to simply 'see' the problem.

This worked for me when I had a similar problem on a '99 'busa.
          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

there must be a open wire somewhere, maybe a loose connection.
            Glasses Up, bitches down

Comment

Working...
            X