X

12v Acc Plug

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12v Acc Plug

I am looking to attatch a cigarette lighter onto my bike to use my gps or charge my phone, etc... Would it be alright to wire it directly to the battery with an inline fuse or is there anywhere I could tap into. I would rather do it right from the battery if possible.
    1999 GSX750F
    -Yoshimura RS3
    -Shinko Raven's
    -More to come

I know on the Pre fuse box there are two screws you can see when you remove the cover, if I recall correctly, this is a fused aux line. Double check just by looking at the fuses, one should read aux or something of that nature.

Comment

95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
      Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
      ---
      I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

I tapped into my headlight circuit so if I ever forgot about leaving my GPS on it wont kill my battery.
        Originally posted by arsenic
        93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
          I tapped into my headlight circuit so if I ever forgot about leaving my GPS on it wont kill my battery.
          +1, that's what I was planning
          1992- project katfighter
          2005- GSXR750
          2001- TL1000R
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
          www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
            Thanks, I will probably do this.
            1999 GSX750F
            -Yoshimura RS3
            -Shinko Raven's
            -More to come

Comment

You could accomplish the same thing with a relay, without putting more load on the headlight circuit.

Comment

I wired mine direct to the battery with an inline fuse, but keep it hidden under the seat. This way I can charge my cell or GPS when Im parked and can lock my equipment under the seat while its charging.
                I also have a small on board 12v compressor I carry under the seat and run it off the same plug.
                98 GSX750F
                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I also put one under my seat, wired directly to the battery. I Picked up a dual with an inline fuse. That way I can use my GPS and charge my phone.

Comment

some people run one up to their fairings for GPS/tankBag use.. this is on my List of things to do this year!
                    03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
                    04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
                    08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
                    10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
                    05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

I bought the one they make for bikes and it goes straight to the battery I have it ran up through my fairings for the tank bag use for charging my phone.

Comment

I bought one at Pep Boys for like $4 that has large aligator type clips. I just hook it to the battery when needed.

Comment

I use my battery charger line that is fused. It reaches right up to the tank bag so I can attach to my adapter. Heaven, living in FL there is seldom use for it to charge my battery on the bike since I ride it all the time.

Comment

Working...
                          X